12-30-2023, 05:14 PM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwaymonsters View Post
What type of OBD adapter do I need? The current battery is a 61-21-2-353-814 EP 105Ah: 612010. So as long it has the same 105Ah, I'm good? I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer's service dept to see if they still have this exact battery available now. I think this battery is no longer made.
Your BMW dealership may not stock their 105AH battery with the same part number that was used 8 years ago…but they do still sell a 105AH battery. Many BMWs use this battery and the slightly smaller 92AH (H8/49) class size battery…so it’s not like they don’t sell them anymore.

See the pic below…I replaced the battery in my f06 last January…and I believe this is still the same current part number for the 105AH battery (which is a 95R/H9 class size battery). I paid $227 back in Jan/2023…and in a recent thread…someone wrote that their dealership charged them $212 for this same battery.

Also, make sure your new battery has the little plastic baggy with a new replacement black elbow and vent plug. You need the black elbow to connect the car’s gray vent tube to the battery, and the extra vent plug needs to plug the vent hole on the other side of the battery so that no off-gases are vented into your enclosed battery compartment. The gases need to be vented to the exterior of the car. If you’re careful…you can probably reuse the little black elbow that should be connected to your current old battery. This will give you a spare in case you need it in the future.

If you have the Bimmerlink app then you should already have the OBD dongle adapter or cable you need. If you don’t, they list the currently approved dongles/cables on their website. You can use the www.bimmercode.app website (which is their sister app website)…or the www.bimmerlink.app website.

Registering the battery with the Bimmerlink app is as easy as opening the app, going to the 12v Battery and when you see the page below, click on the tab at the bottom to register the battery. The app will then register the battery and update the mileage info etc.

Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 12-30-2023 at 05:20 PM..
Appreciate 1