View Single Post
      06-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
caesarp
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive space gray/saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by marriotm View Post
According to the BMW USA website, there is NO COMPATABILE PHONE that runs BMW Office from Verizon Wireless. Anyone heard otherwise? I have a 2011 Nov 2010 build 535xi with NAV
The website is wrong. I have a verizon Blackberry Bold 9650. It works with BMW office. All of my emails (from my work, hotmail, comcast and verizon accounts) are displayed on iDrive, I get an icon (envelope) notification on iDrive when a new email arrives, and iDrive reads the emails to me.

The issue is NOT the hardware (whether verizon, AT&T or any other provider). The issue is the software on the device. The software must include bluetooth's Message Access Profile (MAP).

MAP is part of operating System 6 (OS 6 and higher) for Blackberry devices. Note that BMW Office originally did not work completely with my device (it displayed emails that were on my device when pairing first occurred -as the car was started - but new emails that arrived didn't show up) until Verizon released an upgrade from an early OS 6 version to another version. Now it works beautifully. That update came out last month.

So just make sure that whatever Verizon device you have has the latest OS installed (which must be OS 6.0+). And then you should have MAP -- and it should work with BMW office. The list from BMW USA is useless and inaccurate.

Last edited by caesarp; 06-14-2011 at 08:43 PM..
Appreciate 0