View Single Post
      11-10-2011, 07:38 AM   #9
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Looks like this might be more of a problem for taller drivers. I'm an averagely proportioned 5' 8" and I find I can get a pretty good position between seat, wheel and pedals, whilst retaining full sight of all instruments, including indicator repeaters.
However, as others have commented, I agree that it's far from perfect; if I try to establish the classic position of inner wrist on top of the wheel without my shoulder lifting away from the seat back, I find myself far too close to the pedals, even with the wheel at full extension.
I've compromised by adjusting everything so that, in my line of sight, the inner rim of the wheel is level with the outer edges of the speedo and tach, thus enabling clear sight of the indicator repeaters, with my hands comfortably at 'ten to two' or 'quarter to three' and elbows slightly bent.
I'm still a bit too close to the pedals for my liking, but I think the comfort seats help to a great extent and, although they were't exactly cheap, I'm very glad I chose the option.
One thing I really do not like is the M Sport steering wheel as I rind the rim far too thick. I really miss the wheel in my old E92 330d M Sport - it wasn't quite so fat and it was covered in a layer of beautifully tactile perforated leather.
Appreciate 0