View Single Post
      03-10-2012, 05:26 AM   #3
m-white
Rep
Drives: F10 550i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touring View Post
Has anyone of the F10/11 community tested the F30 yet?

I test drove a 320d the other day. I was thinking of getting a F31 330xd. But what a disapointment! It drove well of course, nothing to do with that, but it felt so cheap compared with the F11. Alot of hard plastic in the interior, and the parts didnt fit very well. A lot of wind and wheel noise. Even the HK-stereo sounded like cardboard-speakers compared to the hifi in the F11.

I really missed the premium-car atmosphere in my F11.

Did I just have a bad day or do others feel the same? Now im going for the 530xd.
I also test drove The F30 320d a couple of weeks ago, and i also thought it was a disapointment.
A lot of wheel and engine noise comparred to the F11 i usely drive.
As you said, i miss the premium feeling in F30 that we have in the F10/11.
I think it`s strange they havent put more work in the car with noise isolation, like they have done on the F10/11.

Last spring i sold my X5 because we didnt need so big car, and ordered a new E91 320d xdrive m-sport. That car was a big disapointment and was sold after a few mounth.
Then i testdrove the new X3 m-sport....also a disapointment regarding noise from Wheels/engine.
After a testdrive in a F11 i was sure, so i have now a F11 520d m-sport and my BMW driving pleasure is back

But if the new F30 was such a good car like the F11, i would have changed it in the future.
Sorry to say, but the new F30 will not be my next car.

Touring: Go for it! The F11 530d x-drive is a fantastic car!
Appreciate 0