View Single Post
      03-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #17
K-A
Nice
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S SportDesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
My F10 (2012 model) has had creaking doors.
This was solved with Gummipledge on the rubber seals and has nto come back.
A creaking noise from where the seatbelt comes out of the B-Pillar. This part has been replaced and the noise is 95% gone. I used to hate driving without the sterio on because of that but am happy to drive with it off now so it's as good as it can be.

Apart from those, it's been fine. As the car is very quiet anyway, you're more likely to notice these things I guess.
I've not had any with trim making noises.

Like otehr have said, I had a E39 previosuly , had that from new for 10years and that was rattle free all the time.
It was a very well built car.I wish I had the space to have kept it because I still think it was the 'best' car they ever made, it was nigh on perfect.

with the exception of :- creaking noises where the seatbelt comes out of the B-pillar
I have those exact same two creaks (from the seatbelt/b-pillar meet, and the edge of the door trim where it meets the window). Other than those noises which come and go (and I hope is an easy DIY fix once I put some time into it, would hate to take the car to the dealer for something like that where I risk them doing more harm than good), the car feels rock solid, is so quiet even the tiniest "creak" is noticeable, and has material quality so rich I would find them acceptable in a car that costs double the price.
Appreciate 0