View Single Post
      09-26-2010, 09:50 PM   #1
GT Convert
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 550i GT Sport xDrive

My handsome black GT...I love this car!!!

When I first saw the 550 GT at my local dealership, I was shocked. I asked myself the same question that has been posted here and elsewhere many times, "why would BMW make such a monstrosity and for whom"?

I was coming off my lease of a E93 (2008 M3 Cab 6 spd) and before that one of my all time favs the E39 (2002 530 M-Sport). I was looking to order a F10 M-Sport/xDrive, but did not want to wait 3 months for the car to arrive. So I took full advantage of the opportunity to “play”. I drove pretty much the entire line-up – the 3’s, 5’s, 7’s, X’s, all except the 550 GT.

I was looking for something that would delight my senses and fill my passengers with JOY. Between looking at all the various models, I was loaned a 550 GT for a day. That’s all it took. Members of the forum, especially all those who can’t stand this car for its looks, weight, or purpose, you must drive it. Just once! Sit in all the seats. Hammer it off the line. Take a corner like you are driving a M3. Drive around a passenger or two. Park it in a shopping mall and look at the number of people staring at it with a smile. Stand by it and hear the praise and comments from enthusiast alike. This vehicle is a work of art and it will gain more acceptance.

In a few short months, Dinan will release new software for the GT which will boost hp in the 550i GT to 495 at 5000 rpm and torque to 573 at 3500 rpm!! My 21" Summer Wheels and Tires are already on order.

Believe me I’m surprised to say all this. "I Am A GT Convert" and wanted to share my experience as a new owner with all you enlightened BMW enthusiasts. You should really drive this car before you knock it. After all, I once thought just like you!

Safe driving and keep sharing.
[/SIZE]
Attached Images

Last edited by GT Convert; 10-21-2010 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: Formatting
Appreciate 0