View Single Post
      08-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #43
Vangelis
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328iT, 530i, 325iT, BoxsterS

BMW can choose to bring the wagon over or not based on the business case. We may disagree but it is their decision. As it is our decision to stay with the brand or not. For many of the contributors it is obvious that bringing the F11 will make it more likely to stay with BMW.

What I dislike is the BMW cool-aid about the GT. We have been told it is better for us, it is better for BMW, it sells better than the E61 did, etc.
First, as , I believe, Lee Iacocca said it is easy to sell the first 10,000 of anything in the auto industry. Especially when you flood the dealerships, advertise extensivelly, and then after a year or more unsold on the floor unload them with huge discounts. I never saw that kind of promotion for the wagons.
And if other brands leave the wagon market in the U.S. this certainly is not a valid argument for what BMW does. If anything, there may be increased opportunity there.

So, BMW, for the time being you can muddle with the GT alone and no F11, or bring the F11 and for the next few years sell both. Either way you can re-evaluate when the next gen cars are ready.

We vote with our money. I, for one, will not be buying a 5GT or X5.
Appreciate 0