United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mko9 View Post
I wouldn't bet on the spacer trick working. On my e46 330i I still get a SES after installing headers with about a 4" J-tube welded on the downstream O2 sensor to back it out of the exhaust flow. At least on the e46, the only solution seems to be running O2 sims.
I was away on vacation, just got back, but a family member of mine took it for inspection and the car passed. I installed the spacers and did not remove the JB4. Not sure if the spacers worked, only way to find out is to remove the JB4 and see if the CEL returns to the dash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clean View Post
staten

Wow that sucks. Makes me a little apprehensive about getting a product from a company that offers little to no support on these types of issues. Then again, they are probably trying to limit thier liability by not offering something that would deceive the emissions standard as that can carry legal repercussions. I will contact my boy who runs a shop specializing in these things and pm you some advice/info tomorrow.
Yea i was pretty annoyed. When I had an E92 N54 they were great but since I got the F10 N55, I feel like the ignored step child. Maybe someone ruined it for us all or maybe they are just covering their behinds for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Intentions View Post
if you get a JB4 stage 2..... there is a small tip to get the ecu to ignore the codes and they will never show up....
PM please! I have the stage 2, i'm wondering how I passed.
Appreciate 0