ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bav///Man View Post
Hi all,

I'm new here but was a regular on Bimmerforums some years ago. I just acquired a 2014 535i M-Sport. I absolutely love this car.

Being a lease return and from what seems to be more common with run flats is that a couple of the wheels are mildly bent. Nothing visible from the outside nor do you feel much while driving, either. It feels slightly like a wheel or two would need rebalancing. Are slight bends a more common thing with run flats nowadays?

The tires currently have a lot of tread on them so I'm going to drive them for a year or so, but I want to plan for the future. I want to stick with the 351m wheels because I absolutely love them. However, this car did not have the staggered setup. So if I have some bends that need fixing...is it time to upgrade?

Option 1: Get the two wheels refinished/straightened for $200/wheel and call it a day and keep 245/40 all around
Option 2: Get the two wheels refinished/straightened for $200/wheel and call it a day and put wider tires in the rear (possible?)
Option 3: Buy two new 18X9 wheels for the rear and then move the two non-bent wheels from the car to the front (18X9 new are $1200 shipped for the two)
Option 4: Look for a used set of staggereds on the board

I realize that I would be giving up tire rotation ability with the staggereds. Is there really that much benefit?

The 18X8.5 wheels I have are in extremely good condition visually.

Thanks and glad to be on the board.

Dave
Unless you have X-Drive you should have a 19" staggered set-up. Check the tire sizes, that will tell you if you have staggered wheels or not.
Appreciate 0