View Single Post
      11-13-2010, 10:35 AM   #36
modestforest
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F10 520 D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerboy View Post
It seems that many of the posts are concerned with angel eyes, what color is your interior, etc. I've driven BMWs when they had crank handles for the windows and NO air conditioning. When I sold my 2002 tii and bought a1976 530i stick shift, I asked my dealer about power windows. He said "if you're shifting all day, are you telling me you can't roll a window down?" There was a time when BMWs were so few on the road that we would flash our lights at one another when the rare one appeared.

There's a point to this rant. BMW has, without question, lost it's way. I'd give back my angel eyes, my colored leather interior, even my HUD which I love, if they could make my 550ix Sport into what a BMW should be. If I didn't have a lease, I'd sell it. Every time I move that steering wheel and feel almost nothing of the road, it irritates the s__t out of me.

I'm reading on these posts that people are buying springs to lower their cars, coil overs, etc. This is ridiculous!! Why should we have to pay money to turn a $70,000 BMW into a BMW? It seems to me that a corporate decision has been made that the "core" drivers are not enough. They need to produce a 5 series that ANY driver would like. Get out of your Lexus, and buy a BMW 5 series, you'll feel right at home. Now we have mood lighting, light up door handles, new interior colors, etc. Someone must have forgot about that slogan "The Ultimate Driving Machine."
I don't share your opinion, I drive BMW since 1990 and I still believe it's the ultimate driving machine. Driving aids such as ESP can be switcht of and you don't have to buy a Steptronic if you don't want it. I have driven other cars but was always happy when I could get back behind the steering wheel of a BMW. I'm now driving my fourth BMW and I never had any problems, that says something about building quality, the same goes for the materials used in the interiour of the cars, no tackie plastics,real leather,... only the best for a Bimmer
Appreciate 0