View Single Post
      07-08-2014, 02:55 AM   #10
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

[QUOTE=mko9;16247942]Resurrecting a dead thread, but I am working the child seat issue so I thought I would share some data points.

First off, the spacing on ISOFIX and LATCH are specified by EU/DOT/whoever. BMW didn't decide on the spacing of the fittings, but they did decide on the location and structure.

God help us with the freaks down in Brussels screwing us in every corner of life, while at a desk with nice fat public salary, they do come up with non-sense to justify the $ they getting, I simply don’t see how it is safe to not be able to open the seat belt right away in emergency if you need to vacate your vehicle fast.

Going back to the subject, the rule must be new because my previous car was a 2008 facelift e60, had no issues, in fact my now 9 year old was able to buckle up with no issue, but once we moved to the F10 this was simply not possible without the extensions, today with my 9, 6 and 2months old baby, we simply use my wife x3 it is simply a pain in the back side to use the F10, fitting a rear facing seat with 2 boosters plus the limited leg room is simply not practical, kids like space so the X3 is the car for family trips.
Appreciate 0