View Single Post
      09-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #43
Andy H.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport

Had my paint clay barred and polished this morning. Did an IPA wipe down and cleaned the windows thoroughly.

I purchased the Optimum Opti Dual Pro Applicator too. This was nice, as it made the pad very easy to grip and control.

My recommendation to anyone applying this product themselves is to either follow the instructions, mentioned earlier by Alan, and use the rubber glove and shop towel method or prime the hell out of the application pad, initially, instead.

I didn't follow Alan's method. Instead, I simply applied the Opti-coat in and "X" pattern on the pad. The surface of the pad kept grabbing and sticking on the surface of the paint preventing me from spreading the Opti Coat smoothly over the surface of the paint. I learned, very quickly, that you really have to prime the surface of the pad. Don't worry about applying too much or "high spots". Just do what Goatman said and, "gently glide a MF towel over the area immediately after application and this will even out any high spots".

My paint looks effing awesome!!!!! I couldn't be more happy!!!!!! The paint looks like you can dip your hand into it and pull out liquid. BTW, my paint color is, black sapphire metallic.

I'll post some pics soon.

Going to do the wife's car tomorrow. Should score some big points.

Jenks, thanks for starting this post!
Appreciate 0