View Single Post
      08-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
jftoha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 M Sport /2011 535is

I cannot speak about the KW Coilovers as i have not driven a car with them. However, I run a set of AC Schnitzer springs in my 535i Sport and I am very happy with the result. The F10 is a fairly new model and the oldest ones are only going in their second year. I am not sure that anybody can tell you how a set of ACS Spring will affect the wear of the shocks in the long run as they cannot have been installed that long ago. From my experience the ACS Springs offer a great balance between lowering, handling and ride comfort. Because the drop is not that radical, I tend to believe that damage to the shocks is less likely. Let's put it this way, if I load my car with 4 people counting myself, the car would probably sit lower than with the ACS springs. Because of the ACS springs are stiffer, when I load up the car with 4 people it does not drop as much as with the standard springs. For that reason I would think that damage to the shocks is not likely.

All that being said, I am not a suspension expert and cannot be sure of this. What I can tell you is that the drop is about 3/4" to 1" and the ride and handling is great compared to stock. I am running 21" Alpina wheels with non RFT tires and the ride is better than the stock suspension with RFT tires.

Good luck!. Whatever you chose, I hope your are happy with your decision.

Cheers,

Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaleke View Post
To all mods gurus and suspension gurus here;

I've been reading good feedbacks on ACS springs here and seems more and more owner here are leaning toward the springs. I'm interested with the ACS springs myself too but worry on the stock shocks & struts wearlife. My question is, to everyone here on ACS springs, any input on the stock shocks/struts wearlife? My car is going to be my daily drive...
Second question, aside from the cost, what trigger you to choose the ACS springs instead of going the coilover route?

My other option is either KW v2 or street comfort..

Any input is greatly appreciated...

José Tohá ---------------------------------Chilean Architect, Living in Washington, DC.
PRESENT: F10 535I Sport, Alpina 21" wheels, AC Schnitzer springs, M5 Grill.
PAST: E63, E39 (2), E34 (2), E36, E24, E30 (2)
Appreciate 0