TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
It's very hard to design the interior of a car. It has to be comfortable, controls have must be in just right, government regulations must be followed, space is limited, it has to look good, and there is often a design message which in this case is luxury and a bit of sport.

I could really dig having an F10, especially the 550i or M5.
+1. This applies to the more recent generation of BMW's (past had some real suspect/odd layouts with controls, etc...) but it seems like BMW's interiors have taken a HUGE step in terms of quality and layout. Things are put where they should be put and for the most part, the driver can get to things with ease. I don't think you can pull the argument "well BMW's interiors are crap compared to Mercedes and Audi" because this and the 6er are simply beautiful. Mercedes and Audi interiors to me look nice because they look high tech but the 5er and 6er, looks like a well furnished house. There is no doubt that if BMW really wanted to up their interiors of their cars, they could but that's not what they're aiming for first, it's driving experience THEN luxury, but of course we all know that.
Appreciate 0