View Single Post
      08-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #6
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

yeh finding a car with acc on will probably be quite difficult, BMW UK might well hve one but ,ight take time to organize and soudns like you don'#t have much time before your order is frozen.

I personaly think acc is great for motorways ,if you in heavy traffix on motoways it takes a lot of effort out of the drive. You basically end up just steering. Only real issue with it is if someone cuts you up in which case teh car will break quite heavily to keeps its distance.
It working as designed but reacts in those circumstances perhaps different than if you driving yourself.
Its graet for stop and go traffix as well, it'll bring you to a complete stop and if stopped for more than about 3-4 seconds, you justtouch teh gas or the adjustment dial on the left of teh sterring wheeel and off it goes again.
It will also stop if everthing is stoped up ahead, only yesterday travelling at around 60 mph when everthing up ahead had stopped to 'rubber neck' an accident on the otherside of the carriageway ,for a moment I thought about manually intervening but there was no need and the car applied the brakes.

Its not really for use off the motorways and it will get caught out on say roundaboutds when a car in front will disapear off the radar, your car will thnk its clear and ahead and try to accelerate you back towards your chosen speed.

Its not a cheap option butone I have no regrests having ordered.
Appreciate 0