View Single Post
      02-02-2014, 07:48 PM   #10
Dobervol
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Manual, Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWPos View Post
I'm not sure of the cut off date, but I did recently try to help a guy whose car did not have the software update option in iDrive. Is it a build date, or an equipment issue? I do not know
If you (or anyone else here) find out, please tell me. I've spent an entire day doing internet searches, and can't find anything that seems to answer this question. I have an early F10 w/a build date of 7/10. My menu ends with "profiles," and has no software update option. The BMW website also tells me when I enter my last 7 VIN #s that, "You are running the latest software. There is no software update available."

My car displays and plays music just fine through my wife's older iphone or an ipod with the larger male connector and "y" cable, but using the white apple cable that just has the USB/Lightning connector for my brand new 5c just shows "not supported" on the CD/Multimedia screen when I hook it up to my USB port in the center console.

I have also R'd the F'ing M, as folks justifiably suggest, but it doesn't address it. Did the little Lightning connector even exist then?

Have you heard of anyone with an EARLY 2011 model who has had success with a Lightning converter and an older Y cable? BMW says this would work, but they also say the white apple USB cable should work, and I sure don't want to buy one unless I know it will do the job.

It would be beyond a right royal p*$$er for me to not even be able to get music from my phone to work with the car using a cable. I'd have to basically put all my music on an ipod and keep both it and the iphone in the car just to make calls.

Thanks greatly in advance for anyone who can offer me some guidance here.
Appreciate 0