View Single Post
      07-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #20
StealthBomber
Rep
Drives: 530d F11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
Gents,

Been lurking for a while as the time to change my car gathers pace.

I have been in S line A4's for 6 years and a 320d M Sport tourer prior to them for 3 years, so I am not completely new to BMW.

I moved to Audi as I found the styling of BMW's not that appealing and the cabin and build at the time was IMO better with the A4.

Anyway........ My list (although very small) has whittled down to a 2.0TDI Multitronic S Line and a 520d M Sport with Sport+ Auto.

Having had the both for a few days, I was a tad disappointed as neither blew me away, although both are a marked improvement on my A4. Both have lots going for them and indeed minuses also, with the big grudge on the F10 being the styling, lack of colours, media quality (maybe not that bad) and my perceived image.

After a lot of thought, I have today made my mind up and I am pretty sure the F10 is for me as it does win in so many areas.

Questions........
1. Any views from chaps migrating from Audi into an F10 would be appreciated?
2. Standard audio. Is it good or is it a must to upgrade?
3. I have read so much on VDC and have ticked the box. Good idea?
4. Real time MPG of the 20d

And Spec...

B90 - Sophista Grey.
LCCX - Oyster/Black Dakota Leather.
2ND - 19" 351M Alloy Wheels.
337 - M Sport Pack.
ZGA - Visibility Pack.
ZGC - Professional Media Pack.
ZGN - Advanced Parking Pack.
233 - VDC.
2TB - Sport Auto Transmission.
614 - Internet.
654 - DAB.
761 - Sun Protection Glass.

Thoughts and guidance would be very much appreciated prior to continue negotiations (pleasantly surprised by level of discount already) with local dealers and pressing the button.

Ta
Pitch
By the way, DAB is rubbish. Sound quality is poor - its MP2 (yes the one before MP3). Not a BMW issue, fundamental to UK DAB. DAB+ will be better, but is not planned for UK and could be 10-15 years away!!!! the ONLY reason to get DAB is that you know of stations that only broadcast on DAB in areas you travel. Otherwise FM is better quality. I did buy the DAB option with this knowledge in mind, but if you are expecting something high quality over FM, think again, its worse. If I had the choice of either DAB or upgrade from business to pro audio, it would be the latter.

And the internet option is useless - it was only £65 so I thought what the hell, but really, I'd have had more fun burning £65. It is VERY VERY slow, really hard to navigate and very slow and hard to enter search criteria. I cannot imagine anyone ever uses it other than to impress your kids and mates that you have Google in the car.

If the professional media pack is the Pro-Navigation (I think it is), look up my thread on the BMW Pro-navigation. I really don't rate it at all and more than 50% of people in that poll suggest at the least its not goof value. It looks quite nice and is big and integrated, but in terms of actual navigation, getting you from A-B efficiently without confusing you, taking you the long way or failing to have the location you are looking for, its very poor IMO.

Last edited by StealthBomber; 07-01-2012 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: More information.
Appreciate 0