View Single Post
      09-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #1
AlexeyTO
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 535i xDrive

Mirrows, windows and saving last destination

Hi guys, last week I got my 535i x-drive with sport package, and most of whistles and bells, except for adaptive cruise control and rear entertainment.

First, a few observations:

The car is nice, though I wish they would sell diesel-powered F11 here in Canada. I miss 500nm of torque that I had on E91 330D and fuel consumption is kind of staggering on N55 - I get 16-17.5L/100km in city, such an increase after 8.4L/100km I averaged on my previous car, when I lived in Europe.

The handling is okay, glad steering is still hydraulic, it is still very agile, given the size of the car and it is more luxurious and insulated inside, but I get some rattling noise from the right door and I can tell there is too much firmware inside this car. It does behave differently, like I sometimes have a sudden motion jerk as I come to a complete halt, and then in a few days it is gone. But overall it is an evolution. I am glad I was able to default to 18 " rims from 19" GY LS2 Eagle AS.

I wonder:
1. Is there a way to make mirrors close up automatically, when I lock the car? My previous touring had an option in the menu to synch it up with the door lock...Here I have to push the dedicated button every time before I exit.
2. Why, when I press the lock button on my remote continuously, windows continue to stay open? 3er was shutting all the windows up, upon 3 sec push...
3. Am I really getting old (I am 37)? I can not find, how I can quickly save the address that I already used for a few times. The only way I found was adding it by entering from the scratch into...contacts.
4. Do you think it is normal for break-in period, that I get ~17L/100km,even with coasting, whenever possible? How much of an adjustment you saw after by the end of break-in?

Please shed some light!
Appreciate 0