07-22-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
gatoman39
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335 M-Sport

Garage List
DIY Keep Leather Seats & Interior New...Forever

Once every other month or so. It depends how dirty you are or if you have kids, etc. I would use a quick detailer to spot clean, but when I'm feeling saucy...The leather on this car is very nice and high quality and you can keep it this way by doing this:
I'm all about Lexol. You really don't have to do too much with this car. It's pretty easy, since it's new. Problems occur with negligence, which is basically the same with everything in life....

1. Bowl filled with distilled water (you can use tap).
2. Spray bottle distilled water
3. Sponge
4. Microfiber Towels (lots)
5. Cotton Terry or MF applicator rounds.

Cleaning:
Shop Vac interior, especially the seams,stiching and crevices. Dip sponge in water, spray Lexol cleaner into sponge, wring out most of moisture. Prep leather by misting with water. Work cleaner into a light lather, don't need to get leather soaking wet. Wipe off with micorfiber towel. Let fully dry.

Conditioning:
Mist applicator with distilled water on both sides. Moist not damp. spray 2 or 3 squirts onto the applicator and spread evenly on leather surface, doesn't need to be dripping wet. Allow to dry. Wipe off excess with MF or terry towel.
**You can get an all in one from Lexol, but I'm not into jack of all trades master of nothing products. But if you're lazy, it's better than nothing

All rubber and Vinyl Parts can be hit up with Vinylex, wipe on and off. Use Stoners invisible glass for the windows/mirror, safe for tint. All clear plastic like the NAV screen or tint can be cleaned with Plexus.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0