01-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #16
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Time to go over to the '3' forum and start reading up on N54/N55/HPFP
I'm one of those guys. By the time I sold my E92 (3 series coupe) with the N54 my resale value had really gotten whacked. I once counted myself among the lucky because I never had the HPFP problem... until around 22K miles. Then it routinely went into "limp home" mode, but that was curable with a restart (AKA reboot). Too bad BMW decided to prevent us from driving the car when this problem occurs with the N55.

This is discouraging to read. Still... two people out of hundreds (thousands?) on this forum having this problem is not statistically significant.

Still waiting for an update on the fix from the OP.

BTW, lemon laws vary from state to state, and often it's not just having the same problem 3 times, but can also be number of days the car is in the shop. Bad weather may help you out there.

You are much more likely to get a goodwill buyback from BMW than you are to win a lemon law case. The downside of the buyback is that they will often require you to buy another BMW as part of the deal. That said, don't fool yourself into thinking that Mercedes is any better...
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0