Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW AW 550xi

Garage List
2012 550xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilv3r View Post
This makes a huge difference is book value vs. actual value.

I've considered selling mine as well and I've been shocked at some of the trade-in offers I've been given for it (a '13 535 m-sport w/ 48K miles on it). I've been quoted (sight unseen) anywhere from $21K to $24K which are a joke considering just how nice the car is. It's basically in as-new condition w/ a full paint correction and CPO remaining warranty until April 2019 or 100K miles of course. The value of these cars seems to have tanked in just 12 months' time. I paid $38K for it 1 year ago from BMW of Wilmington with 38K miles on it in stock form and I feel like I've greatly improved its condition & appearance since. I can't imagine the car has lost $17K in value in 1 year. If it continued at that rate, I'd be subject to donating it in two years lol...just awful.

That said, I think $34K-$35K for yours is a fair price.
I agree with you! I didn't sell mine because of the low quotes. I put so much into the car, so I decided to keep the car until my amazing extended warranty from Route 66 expires, then I'll sell it. I think it's also the last time I bought a car instead of leasing it.