View Single Post
      06-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #10
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

I think that's a great spec. Other posters have given good feedback on recommended options.

I bought a car that was 'in stock' so couldn't spec an upgrade to the stereo: even though I have prof nav, it only came with the basic speaker set-up and it is so much poorer than what was in my e60 (not even speakers - only blanks - next to the door mirrors!). Sounds OK with CDs and iPod/media but FM radio sucks...

Coming from an S-line Audi, you will find the Beemer much softer. The F10 is a lot more comfy than the e60; but I find the body control and damping lacking (even in M-sport spec with 19" RFT) and I would willingly trade some back... Therefore, I think VDC is worth checking out. Put it this way: I haven't driven one with VDC as yet, but I sure as hell will search one out when the time comes to change my current car.

Finance wise, quarter end is always good... I couldn't/wasn't able to wait, so ended up with a (brand new) car from stock to get a 10% discount and 5%-ish APR (can't remember exact amount at the moment ).

Good luck and enjoy!
Appreciate 0