01-15-2014, 06:04 PM   #9
NickRac
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
1. I've never understood why anyone would get upset about a scratch on a rim, first of all. It's GOING to get scratches if you drive the car.

2. If they said they'd refinish it, GREAT... take it. Again, see #1. It's a rim, and it sounds like they're doing the right thing here.

3. Mistakes do happen. Why do you assume they're "playing games" when they may have 10 cars in the shop with the same rims... and they could have given your brother the wrong rim by mistake, quite innocently. Do you expect that they can really track down what other car his rim got switched with?

4. As others have pointed out, talking to a lawyer or the news is ridiculous. Both should be reserved for major incidents where serious damage has been done, major injustice, scandal, or fraud - this qualifies for none. Could you imagine watching the 6pm news to hear about how some guy got the wrong RIM back at his BMW dealer?? Are you serious?

5. I've always found posts curious where the owner of the vehicle, himself/herself, isn't the one posting about the "problem." If your brother is so upset about this (as the owner of the car), why isn't he the one here posting and looking for guidance? Maybe there's a legitimate reason, but it just seems odd to me.

If it were me, I'd take the dealer up on the offer to refinish the wheel and call it a day. This is pretty straight forward and simple. My 550xi has 575 miles on it as of today, and honestly, I don't think I'd bat an eye if one of the wheels got scratched. Why? Because I know it's going to happen sooner or later, and you can't lose sleep over this crap. The first time I go to have the tires changed, some tech is probably going to scratch them pretty good, too... inevitable. It's a BMW sedan... nice car, but it's not as if this is a garage queen collector's car. If you told me some shop swapped a rim on your $300k Ferrari 458 Italia, maybe I'd be a little more concerned - still not calling a lawyer or the news over it, though! Please!
Appreciate 0