Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMM 640D M Sport Grand Coupe

Garage List
2010 530DSE  [0.00]
2009 X5 30D M Sport  [0.00]
Thumbs up Got my Five (F10 530d)

Just got home with my 530. Will post more pics when I get time. I am off for a drive

UPDATED:

530D SE, Space Grey, Black Dakota Leather
Sports Auto Transmission
Visibility Pack
Media pack professional
18 inch radial spoke alloys
Seat Heating
High gloss shadowline
Sun protection glass
Bluetooth audio connection

This is my second 5 series, however the last one was a 528i Sport in 1999.
That, I thought was a great car but this one is a whole new experience.
Firstly............ Quiet, I can hardly hear the engine and even when poked it sound smooth and unruffled.
Smooth.........The gearchange is immaculate and seamless. Little roadnoise unless you hit a pothole when it does bang a bit. Not too intrusive though.
Acceleration is impressive. Just coming from an X5 it is a revelation. Overtaking is a breeze with lots of midrange power to get by traffic quickly and safely.
Only played with the steering wheel gear change for a short time, but it seems efficient enough. I will probably leave it to the auto most of the time.
Gadgets are different and I will have to get the book out to study the idrive but I expected that regardless of the salesmans demonstration to me at the garage.
Dash is impressive and well laid out and display is cool with its black dash technology.
Radio stations come up between the rev counter and speedo and i can cycle through them with a thumbwheel on the right side of the steering wheel.
Satnav picture is impressive on the huge screen and has many selectable views.
Seats are very comfy, even though I would have preffered sports seats if I had my ideal spec.
Paintfinish is immaculate and the high gloss shadowline mekes the car look great. I may look at changing the grill to high gloss black as I think that looks the business and only cost £88 to buy.

Go on ........do it.......you know you want one!

Rgds
GC
Attached Images

Appreciate 0