2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Never Purchasing From Carid.com Again!

08-07-2016, 10:52 PM   #1
bebenekd
Rep
Drives: bmw 535i xdrive 2011

Garage List
2011 Bmw  [0.00]
Never Purchasing From Carid.com Again!

I finally chose the wheels for my car, and decided to go with XO Luxury 20" Verona wheels. I made my purchase on Carid.com and never ever will I consider purchasing from their company again! So purchase was made on 06/08/16, and I come to find out the wheels I ordered (20"x9) are not in stock. I was notified that Carid had 20"x8.5" in stock, so I told them to switch the order to those. My new order was not processed until 06/16/16. That day I called and waited on the phone for approximately 40 minutes for a representative to tell me that my order will arrive by 07/01/16. I was a little pissed off, but happy to finally get an estimated ship date. On 06/20/16 I received another email stating a delay in my order with a new ship date of 07/11/16. This is weird, because I thought they were in stock. Ticked off, I call again, I ask for a rush and nothing could be done, so I ask for my money to be refunded, but Carid told me that was not possible, so I was stuck waiting (even after asking a manager). By 06/22/16, I call again and the wheels and tires manager Justin stated that the 20"x9" are back in stock and he can get them shipped to me latest by Friday 07/01/16. I never received my tracking number via email, so Wednesday 07/06/16 I call and wait for an obnoxiously long time on hold before I speak to a representative. I ask for shipment details and the lady told me "Oh your order came on Friday 07/01/16. Let me locate it and set it up for shipment." I was appalled because Justin told me as soon as they arrive from the manufacture, they would send them straight to me. Taking into consideration the Fourth of July weekend, they should have been sent out by that Tuesday latest (07/05/16). The lady rep ended up hanging up on me and didn't return my call. I called the next day (Thursday 07/08/16) and the rep said that they received the wrong sizes from the manufacture so I'd have to wait even longer again!! I've had it with that company!! The rep stated she could return my money and she didn't even need a manager's approval. It was not fair because they didn't want to refund me my money after their first screw up, and I spoke to multiple managers, including the manufacture itself (which said they weren't in production and could cancel the order) but stubborn Carid didn't want to agree to a refund. All in all, I will NEVER EVER purchase from this company again. I am appalled by how they managed the entire situation, and the most disappointing part is that I won't have a nice set of wheels for THIS summer, because by the time I purchase a set, fall/ winter will be on its way. I am not sure why XO Luxury does business with this company. They have the worst customer service out there, and sadly because of Carid, I'll be looking for a different manufacture for my wheels for NEXT SUMMER. BOTH COMPANIES LOST MY BUSINESS. THEY WILL NOT BE RECOMMENDED TO ANYONE I KNOW. SHITTY SHITTY SERVICE.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 11:35 PM   #2
FaintReality
NoUSE4aName
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 550i

Always purchase with a credit card so you can just call your credit card company and dispute the charges in situations like this.

Any fyi, most all local tire store shops will match and/or beat online prices. My local shops will beat any online price and include free mount and balancing.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 08:09 AM   #3
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

Damn That sucks
I would have called credit card company and dispute charge F them
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 09:37 AM   #4
bebenekd
Rep

Garage List
2011 Bmw  [0.00]
I did pay with a credit card, and my money was refunded.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 09:42 AM   #5
bebenekd
Rep

Garage List
2011 Bmw  [0.00]
Now I have to wait till next summer!!!! I think it's a bit too late to get a set now. good thinking. I'll def. consider that when buying wheels next spring
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 01:03 PM   #6
TRIUMPHT
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i

If you don't have any good reputable shops to go local, other than tire rack you can try elementwheels.com i've ordered from them on 3 different occasions and never had a problem.. and the wheels i ordered had to be drilled for your specific car from the manufacturer and i did not have that long of wait to get them.... I never ordered wheels from **********s but when i did have a problem with my order they handled it very quickly also...i am pretty sure there are other online also ...but carid has always had bad reviews...
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 12:16 PM   #7
bebenekd
Rep

Garage List
2011 Bmw  [0.00]
I'll know for the future thanks!
Appreciate 0