2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Sport Mode Custom Setting

05-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Sport Mode Custom Setting

If my car have adaptive damping, will there be a customisable configuration under idrive for Sport setting? Is it possible to program Sport mode to have sport suspension setting and comfort gearbox map?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #2
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Wht? Nobody here have DHP?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 05:18 AM   #3
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi M Sport

I don't have DHP but I believe what you want to do is possible because you have the option to have 1) only chassis, 2) only drivetrain or, 3) both chassis and drivetrain effected by sport mode.

Hope that helps.
      05-25-2012, 06:02 AM   #4
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharbotcom View Post
I don't have DHP but I believe what you want to do is possible because you have the option to have 1) only chassis, 2) only drivetrain or, 3) both chassis and drivetrain effected by sport mode.

Hope that helps.
But wht I found is the settings are not customisable if the car doesn't have DDC/ARS/IAS (or any combination of them). As I'm considering ordering DDC, I don't really want a situation where a sport suspension setting forces u to use a sport gearbox or throttle map as well. Obviously I want the car to handle well but not necessarily to use more fuel at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 06:14 AM   #5
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:

Hope that helps.
This is correct.
If you have 'sport' configured for chassis only it stiffens the front and rear roll bars, changes the damper rates and quickens the steering response.
Selecting drivetrain only drops a gear, raises the shift points and alters throttle response.
Selecting 'sport+' does both of the above, restricts the box to 7 speeds and partially disables traction control to allow a limited degree of wheelspin.
I have mine configured to chassis only in 'sport' which gives me virtually flat high-speed cornering with increased steering response, but leaves the gearbox in normal mode, then whenever I want really rapid mid-range acceleration I select 'sport+'.
It's an expensive option but, IMO, well worth the money.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #6
Amleto63
Commander
Italy
Rep
Drives: F10 520d Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon D
Quote:

Hope that helps.
This is correct.
If you have 'sport' configured for chassis only it stiffens the front and rear roll bars, changes the damper rates and quickens the steering response.
Selecting drivetrain only drops a gear, raises the shift points and alters throttle response.
Selecting 'sport+' does both of the above, restricts the box to 7 speeds and partially disables traction control to allow a limited degree of wheelspin.
I have mine configured to chassis only in 'sport' which gives me virtually flat high-speed cornering with increased steering response, but leaves the gearbox in normal mode, then whenever I want really rapid mid-range acceleration I select 'sport+'.
It's an expensive option but, IMO, well worth the money.
I do exactly the same!
      05-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
This is correct.
I know u have Adaptive Drive, but do u also have IAS?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 06:07 AM   #8
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
I know u have Adaptive Drive, but do u also have IAS?
No; never had the chance to try it, but the motoring press gave it unfavourable reviews, so I decided against it.
Appreciate 0