2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes ACS vs H&R springs
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #45
sbrown35
Chief
sbrown35's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: 2012 535i M Sport Alpine White
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Wish I didn't have to display a front tag, but if I don't I get ticketed... It is a law they enforce here!
__________________
Sean

2012 535i M sport Pkg - HUD - Alpine White w/ Beige
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #46
mrbenyong
Trying to make the best of the 325
2
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: F10 535i 2010
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Malaysia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l.
Who makes the ACS springs or RDS? Neither of them are in the business in making springs so I wonder if they are just rebadged items at a higher price tag?

Also, do the ACS springs stand out from how the stock springs look? Last thing i want is the dealer to spot them out denying warranty on stuff.

Alan
Eibach makes the acs spring
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 01:19 AM   #47
and1313
Second Lieutenant
and1313's Avatar
5
Rep
242
Posts

Drives: 2009 Jet Black E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (1)

Nice car. Perfect drop
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #48
SoCal535i
Enlisted Member
SoCal535i's Avatar
0
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: 2012 535i M Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [5.00]
Looking for springs also. Your picture just sold me on the H&Rs.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #49
jftoha
Private First Class
jftoha's Avatar
5
Rep
131
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrown35
Here you go... Hope this helps give you an idea of what it looks like.
Hey, the car looks great with the H&R drop and those wheels. How is the ride in the city streets? I live in DC too, so we drive in the same roads. I am waiting to install my ACS springs, where did you install yours?

If you see a Dark Graphite F10 with Alpina wheels around town, that's me. I doubt there is another one.
__________________

José Tohá ---------------------------------Chilean Architect, Living in Washington, DC.
PRESENT: F10 535I Sport, Alpina 21" wheels, AC Schnitzer springs, M5 Grill.
PAST: E63, E39 (2), E34 (2), E36, E24, E30 (2)
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #50
sbrown35
Chief
sbrown35's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: 2012 535i M Sport Alpine White
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Thanks! I don't notice any ride problems around town at all... I ride in Sport mode mostly and in comfort every once in a while. No issues at all for me. The only concern I have to be aware of is the lip that is added in the front. The garages around town can have steep dips...
Had my springs installed in Arlington - J&F Motors. They are a shop that works on BMW's. They had it for a day and a half. Also charge a good bit, but I trust them. They took their time and covered everything to keep clean... I have the light beige interior and they have to take out the rear speakers to get the the bolts for the strut removal back there.
__________________
Sean

2012 535i M sport Pkg - HUD - Alpine White w/ Beige
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #51
Will Pwr
eM Power Me
Will Pwr's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
232
Posts

Drives: 12 F10 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cali

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Will Pwr
Just had my H&R Springs installed and what a difference in stance and handling. The DDC function still offers noticeable difference between the modes as well. I'll post a pic with the OEM MSport 19's and the BBS CH-R 20's shortly.
__________________
Will -
'12 Alpine White F10 535i ///M Sport
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #52
bconover
New Member
0
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: 528i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jacksonville, FL

iTrader: (0)

Eibach makes ACS
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #53
Russkey
Lieutenant
Russkey's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
493
Posts

Drives: '12 BMW AW 550xi
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 550xi  [5.00]
Can't go wrong with ACS springs. Love them!
__________________
'12 AW 550xi / Dinan S2 / Eisenmann Race / MORR VS8.2 / ACS Springs / CF Goodies
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 04:39 AM   #54
Ftenner
Private First Class
13
Rep
111
Posts

Drives: F10 535xdrive , F15 xdrive
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Nj

iTrader: (0)

+1 on acs springs!!! It gives you .8 to an inch. It has a better feel than stock and still smooth.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 03:47 AM   #55
raiderrick
Private First Class
4
Rep
111
Posts

Drives: 535i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: so calif

iTrader: (1)

Acs Is The Only Way To Go!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 03:48 AM   #56
raiderrick
Private First Class
4
Rep
111
Posts

Drives: 535i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: so calif

iTrader: (1)

EIBACH DOES NOT MAKE ACS...AC Schnitzer MAKES THEM...THATS WHY THEY R SO HARD TO GET...STR8 FROM GERMANY......
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #57
Will Pwr
eM Power Me
Will Pwr's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
232
Posts

Drives: 12 F10 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cali

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Will Pwr
I have the H&R springs on my F10 and it works great with the Dynamic Dampening from the M Sport package. The ride is still good while being a bit stiffer in each of the mode settings, which is a plus as I feel the stock settings were a bit soft. They lowering amount is near perfect, especially with the 20" BBS...It could be slightly lower still, but its definitely a noticeable improvement aesthetically and handling-wise. To me the ACS isn't noticeable enough from a lowering stand point...but it would suffice if you want a sportier stance without looking lowered too much...which I believe the sport packages should have come like stock.

__________________
Will -
'12 Alpine White F10 535i ///M Sport

Last edited by Will Pwr; 07-15-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #58
half man half amazin
Lieutenant
half man half amazin's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
429
Posts

Drives: 2012 F10 550i M sport
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Las vegas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Pwr View Post
I have the H&R springs on my F10 and it works great with the Dynamic Dampening from the M Sport package. The ride is still good while being a bit stiffer in each of the mode settings, which is a plus as I feel the stock settings were a bit soft. They lowering amount is near perfect, especially with the 20" BBS...It could be slightly lower still, but its definitely a noticeable improvement aesthetically and handling-wise. To me the ACS isn't noticeable enough from a lowering stand point...but it would suffice if you want a sportier stance without looking lowered too much...which I believe the sport packages should have come like stock.

Awesome!!! Ordering my H&R tomorrow.
__________________
Then: 2011 E92 //M3 SSII DCT
Now: 2012 F10 550i Carbon Black M Sport

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #59
clarkk41
Private
clarkk41's Avatar
4
Rep
77
Posts

Drives: 2014 M6 Gran Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

How much lower will AC springs be compared to the MSport Suspension. I noticed Hunter said earlier that AC looked like Msport.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 11:22 PM   #60
Hochey
Registered
United_States
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW 535i M Sport F10
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Charlotte

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrown35 View Post
I have a 2012 M Sport 535 and put on H&R springs 2 weeks ago... The drop is just like the pics of the 550's I've seen. I can post a pic if you like.... The ride is nice, though I do have the adaptive suspension which I am sure helps since I can still adjust it through the I-drive....
Which HR springs did you go with?

OE Sport?
Sport?
Super Sport?

I have a 2012 535i Carbon Black MSport on stock wheels, so 19s I think.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 10:48 AM   #61
MrBusiness
Private
United_States
3
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: 550i M Sport 6-MT
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly

iTrader: (0)

Just installed H&R Sport Springs on my M Sport Pics below are post drop (in the parking lot fresh off the rack).

Springs were installed by AWE Tuning - they are just getting their feet wet with BMW and they did an excellent job! I am a bit OCD when it comes to my cars and if it's not right I will rip it out and start over.





Yes - I am on the M5 Rep Bandwagon! NO RUB at all!

20 x 8.5 Front - 255/35/20 Pirelli P-Zero
20 x 10 Rear - 285/30/20 Pirelli P-Zero

DDC functions incredibly well - I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia. Our roads are terrible!

Comfort - This is my highway/cruising mode. I am in this mode 80% of the time. Previously I rode in Sport all the time and comfort (Cadillac) mode only on long trips with passengers.

Normal - Feels like previous "sport" mode. Bumps are noticeable but not bone jarring by any means. Easy to deal with on a daily basis.

Sport - A little bumpy but reminds me of my previous M5. Spirited driving and off ramps.

Overall I am ecstatic with the drop! Even drop/no strange noises/no fuss/no nothing! This is how the car should have came from BMW with M-Sport. I feared ACS would be too conservative and bought into the cool-aid of every 5-post and shop I called.

I wish I did this sooner!
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2015, 12:59 PM   #62
Bmw doubles
Private First Class
Bmw doubles's Avatar
34
Rep
170
Posts

Drives: Fast
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: westside

iTrader: (0)

Does anyone have pics with ACS springs?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 05:02 PM   #63
Roswell
Private First Class
14
Rep
145
Posts

Drives: 2012 535xi
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

People says ACS is not low, but mine went pretty low.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...pszt9le60w.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psyaqtwdwx.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psr0r9kkm4.jpg[/IMG]
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2015, 06:17 PM   #64
Bmw doubles
Private First Class
Bmw doubles's Avatar
34
Rep
170
Posts

Drives: Fast
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: westside

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell
Wow that looks great! Not as low as eibach sports, but to each their own. I like the ACS look. Do you have DHP? Do you upgrade sway bars? Basically trying to find out if ACS springs have helped you with that F10 chassis body roll were all getting.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 10:53 PM   #65
Roswell
Private First Class
14
Rep
145
Posts

Drives: 2012 535xi
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell
Wow that looks great! Not as low as eibach sports, but to each their own. I like the ACS look. Do you have DHP? Do you upgrade sway bars? Basically trying to find out if ACS springs have helped you with that F10 chassis body roll were all getting.
I do have DHP but no aftermarket sway bar. The handling is much improved from stock since my Xdrive was sitting like a 4x4 lol

Maybe the wheel gap on my car looks small due to my fat tires (255f & 295r)
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2015, 02:23 PM   #66
Hochey
Registered
United_States
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW 535i M Sport F10
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Charlotte

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBusiness View Post
Just installed H&R Sport Springs on my M Sport Pics below are post drop (in the parking lot fresh off the rack).

Springs were installed by AWE Tuning - they are just getting their feet wet with BMW and they did an excellent job! I am a bit OCD when it comes to my cars and if it's not right I will rip it out and start over.





Yes - I am on the M5 Rep Bandwagon! NO RUB at all!

20 x 8.5 Front - 255/35/20 Pirelli P-Zero
20 x 10 Rear - 285/30/20 Pirelli P-Zero

DDC functions incredibly well - I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia. Our roads are terrible!

Comfort - This is my highway/cruising mode. I am in this mode 80% of the time. Previously I rode in Sport all the time and comfort (Cadillac) mode only on long trips with passengers.

Normal - Feels like previous "sport" mode. Bumps are noticeable but not bone jarring by any means. Easy to deal with on a daily basis.

Sport - A little bumpy but reminds me of my previous M5. Spirited driving and off ramps.

Overall I am ecstatic with the drop! Even drop/no strange noises/no fuss/no nothing! This is how the car should have came from BMW with M-Sport. I feared ACS would be too conservative and bought into the cool-aid of every 5-post and shop I called.

I wish I did this sooner!
Awesome pics and white up Mr Business. Ordering my H&Rs tomorrow hopefully. I'm extremely an@l about my cars too, drive mostly in comfort mode but when I switch to Sport or Sport+ ITS ON!

I was concerned about getting the car lowered and the way it would look on the stock BMW Wheel Style 351m - 19" (M-sport wheels)... I plan on getting some 20's but not just yet.

It looks like there is a noticeable difference once these are installed, visually, which is mostly what Im after, with that occasional Sport+ handling thrown in.

Cant wait, Ill try to take a before and after on the cars wheel gap and post because I cant find many pics posted with a before and after side by side.

Peace!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:11 AM.




5post
5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST