2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum M-Tech vs M Replica bumper
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
EkoBmw
New Member
3

 
Drives: 2012 528xi
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: CT


Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

M-Tech vs M Replica bumper

What's the difference between the two bumpers? I can't really tell them apart. Would lips fit on eather bumper or once you put that bumper on you have to find that specific lip?

I'm getting readt to ordee the mtech bumper but don't want to make the mistake. Are there more variety lips for eithee bumper?

Any input would be appreciated. Which bumper out of the two would you pick and why? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
EV0LVE
Captain
19

 
EV0LVE's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 535i SG
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: So Cal


Posts: 689
iTrader: (1)

Trinity autosport made a post showing the imperfections of the replica. The way i see it, if you have dark color car then the gaps are not as obvious. Few members have done the replica and are pleased with it. If you are anal about your car then just go oem because you'll know of the imperfections.

Whatever you do take it to a good body shop. Preferably one whos done the conversion before.

Post photos when ur done.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2012, 06:32 AM   #3
EkoBmw
New Member
3

 
Drives: 2012 528xi
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: CT


Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV0LVE
Trinity autosport made a post showing the imperfections of the replica. The way i see it, if you have dark color car then the gaps are not as obvious. Few members have done the replica and are pleased with it. If you are anal about your car then just go oem because you'll know of the imperfections.

Whatever you do take it to a good body shop. Preferably one whos done the conversion before.

Post photos when ur done.

Cheers!
I guess thats not whay my question is. My question is more of the design between thr Mtech bumper and the m5 repluca. Are they the same in design or diff bumpers? To me they look the same. If i buy a lip for m5 bumper but have the mtech bumper on my car, would it fit? I guess i just need to know the differemce between the two bumpers. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #4
Alan l.
Brigadier General
204

 
Alan l.'s Avatar
 
Drives: LCI M-Sport 550i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Coast


Posts: 4,432
iTrader: (8)

Mtech/Msport bumpers are different from the M5 bumper. It is obvious when you look at them and lips will not be interchangeable between the two.

Personally I think the Msport bumper suits a "normal" F10 better than the M5 bumper. Alittle classier where the M5 bumper is more in your face aggressive. Its fine when you have the 550hp to back it up but if you don't.....stick with the classier Msport. Plus you don't want to be mistaken for trying to pose as a M5.

my 2cents.
Alan
__________________

2014 LCI 550i M Sport | 3D Design Front Spoiler | BMW Performance Black Grills | BMW Performance Trunk Lip | BMW Performance Diffuser | Painted Reflectors | Wincos 30% Tint | Supersprint Exhaust | ACSSprings | MORR VS8.2 Rims 20x10R and 20x9F | Michelin PSS Tires |||More Photos of my car here|||
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
EkoBmw
New Member
3

 
Drives: 2012 528xi
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: CT


Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l.
Mtech/Msport bumpers are different from the M5 bumper. It is obvious when you look at them and lips will not be interchangeable between the two.

Personally I think the Msport bumper suits a "normal" F10 better than the M5 bumper. Alittle classier where the M5 bumper is more in your face aggressive. Its fine when you have the 550hp to back it up but if you don't.....stick with the classier Msport. Plus you don't want to be mistaken for trying to pose as a M5.

my 2cents.
Alan
So mtech and msport is the same bumper? Sounds like thr m5 bumper is different from the other two. Am i correct? Finally a decent answer.... Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #6
EV0LVE
Captain
19

 
EV0LVE's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 535i SG
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: So Cal


Posts: 689
iTrader: (1)

Perhaps your title should have said msport vs m5 bumper. That way youd get your decent answer on a whim.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
EkoBmw
New Member
3

 
Drives: 2012 528xi
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: CT


Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV0LVE View Post
Perhaps your title should have said msport vs m5 bumper. That way youd get your decent answer on a whim.
If i knew that they were different then i would have buddy..I honestly thought that the msport and m5 replica is the same bumper....the mtech was different then the msport but looks a little different.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST