2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Hospital Bill Question

08-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #23
Bimmer1313

Drives: 08 335i

I own my own business and I'm going to lose it, I'm planning on paying for my daughters wedding with the money I have. It's not just extra money. Close this thread.
      08-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #24
Joekerr
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer1313 View Post
I own my own business and I'm going to lose it, I'm planning on paying for my daughters wedding with the money I have. It's not just extra money. Close this thread.

Cliff's:

- OP opens thread stating desire to defraud the government and ultimately the tax paying citizens on here and have others pay a bill for a service he chose to use and can afford to pay for.

- OP is surprised when the tax paying citizens on this forum do not applaud his efforts to defraud them in the form of higher taxes

- OP wishes to close thread.
      08-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #25
Bobble
Major

Drives: E90 335i/RIP E46 323Ci

More than likely they will investigate any notes or accounts in your name and if they see large movements well you guess the rest. My dirt bag ex wife did this and tried to claim bankruptcy to avoid house payments on a rental she got in the divorce. She lost big time.

Just negotitate either payments or acceptance of the insurance portion as payment in full. Or better yet just pay your hospital bill and charge the wedding to a card.
      08-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #26
Bimmer1313

Drives: 08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
More than likely they will investigate any notes or accounts in your name and if they see large movements well you guess the rest. My dirt bag ex wife did this and tried to claim bankruptcy to avoid house payments on a rental she got in the divorce. She lost big time.

Just negotitate either payments or acceptance of the insurance portion as payment in full. Or better yet just pay your hospital bill and charge the wedding to a card.
None of you know what I'm going through, so in reality, no I can't afford the bill..Thanks for a legitimate answer.
      08-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #27
Ammonia
Captain

Drives: n54 135i

Release 800 fully grown adult grizzly bears into the hospital. Bill forgotten.

Mods: JB4 | Berk Race Axel-Back | VSRF DPs | BMS DCI | CM Meth + CMGS Controller | Stett CP | Tial BOV | RR Scoops | BMS LED AE | Matte Grills | 10% Tint | M Pedals | Blackline LCI | CSR Eyelids | Amber Overlays | Rear OEM Flaps | Seibon GTR Hood | Painted Spoiler | H-Style Front Lip | VMR V701s
Ammonia is offline   United_States
      08-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #28
khaye1
Colonel

Drives: '12 MW 335i

I think you can shave off $1900 off your daughter's wedding...really, you need a to learn how to prioritize
      08-11-2012, 02:57 AM   #29
silvergray545
Skittles

Drives: E60 545i Sport

Garage List
2005 545i Sport  [0.00]
If you have the money, just pay it. I'm in the same situation as you are in right now.

I fractured my arm back in January of this year. I'm a full-time student and I haven't worked in over a year and a half. So needless to say, I can't afford to pay the bill out of pocket. Once I got the bills from the ER and the orthopedic doctor I had to see, I filed for financial assistance. The process to be approved for financial assistance is so slow, you won't see results until 6 months afterwards at the earliest. In the mean time, the hospital sent my bills to a collection agency. I get a phone call from the collection agency literally every day. And every day I tell them that I filed for financial assistance so I'm waiting to hear back from them (the hospital and dealing with them is just as bad, if not worse). They don't listen though. So I don't answer my phone anymore. I really really really cannot wait for this to be over. If I could, I would just pay them and get it over with.

Just pay the bill.

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
silvergray545 is offline   Lebanon
      08-11-2012, 04:09 AM   #30
Blayne
Enlisted Member

Drives: Escalade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post

None of you know what I'm going through, so in reality, no I can't afford the bill..Thanks for a legitimate answer.
Drive BMW, paying for your daughters wedding, and your going through something so difficult, in which you post your intentions online about defrauding the government (With a real stupid plan non the less and then try to say other ppl would do the same. Then say your going through a difficult time to make ppl feel sorry for you because most of us didn't agree with you, and the ones that did thought you want a loan)? You sir sound like a complete idiot.........
      08-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #31
dtwyim
Captain

Drives: 2008 135 6-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by passing View Post
1900 dollar bill and you need to finance that?

sell your car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaye1 View Post
I think you can shave off $1900 off your daughter's wedding...really, you need a to learn how to prioritize
Just pick one. Tough times mean tough decisions.
dtwyim is offline   Canada
      08-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #32
Sara504
Lieutenant General

Drives: 2013 335is

I noticed the original post has been edited and Im late to this thread...Has OP stated why doesnt have health insurance but yet has a BMW?

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
      08-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #33
passing
hey

Drives: caprice wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I noticed the original post has been edited and Im late to this thread...Has OP stated why doesnt have health insurance but yet has a BMW?
same reason you aren't.......

nevermind
passing is offline   Tanzania
      08-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #34
michaelthepsycho
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 11 Montego Blue E90 335i Step

So THAT'S why three stitches for me came out to be about $4,000. DUH! Now, I get it. Worthless country. Can we just implode and start on a clean slate? Build it right the next time around.
      08-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #35
upstatedoc
Drone Expert

Drives: '09 BMW 328ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post

Cliff's:

- OP opens thread stating desire to defraud the government and ultimately the tax paying citizens on here and have others pay a bill for a service he chose to use and can afford to pay for.

- OP is surprised when the tax paying citizens on this forum do not applaud his efforts to defraud them in the form of higher taxes

- OP wishes to close thread.
I was actually hoping OP was going to post just kidding but I guess not.
      08-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #36
Bobble
Major

Drives: E90 335i/RIP E46 323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
Drive BMW, paying for your daughters wedding, and your going through something so difficult, in which you post your intentions online about defrauding the government (With a real stupid plan non the less and then try to say other ppl would do the same. Then say your going through a difficult time to make ppl feel sorry for you because most of us didn't agree with you, and the ones that did thought you want a loan)? You sir sound like a complete idiot.........
Me or the OP you quoted us both

If he moves money in an account tied to his SSN, they will find the movement and assume the cash is available. Like I said my ex wife did this to the tune of close to 100K and tried to file BK to avoid making house payments yet whuile still accepting the rent checks. They laughed at her all the way to court. Really can't try to kite things in this day and age.

Feel for you but that's life. Two real options in my mind, pay the bill move on or don't pay it and face the creditors etc..
Just a simple thought here, my daughter got married last year and I paid for most of it, you can save $$ on bar and food tab easily and people hardly will notice, we eliminated one appetizer/late night snack and one hour of the bar and it saved me close to $1100 and I'm certain no one even knew or cared at that point. That might help.
      08-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #37
bigbacon
Private First Class

Drives: 03 Z4

don't most hospitals allow you to get on some kind of payment plan?

and, you can buy a used BMW for not a lot of money.....
bigbacon is offline   United_States
      08-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #38
persian54
Lieutenant General

Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
You drive a $50k car and you want the government to pay your hospital bill?
an 08 335i hasn't been work 50k for a long time...
persian54 is offline   United_States
      08-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #39
solefald
Nigerian Prince

Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
OP, you got 7 new assholes ripped for being a cheap-ass. No one gives a shit what your circumstances are. You went to the hospital? Time to pay the bill. If you don't feel like paying, maybe you should've gone to the hospital. Remember that next time... or get an insurance.

Now that you owe the money, STFU and pay up.
      08-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #40
Neurorad
Major

Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP

Call the hospital billing dept, they will set up a payment plan.

Ask nicely, and they may reduce the bill. Insurance companies wouldn't pay the hospital that much, why should you?