2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes 528i xDrive and ACS spring
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
saeba1
Private First Class
 
saeba1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 528i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW Chicago

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

528i xDrive and ACS spring

Is it true that for 528 xDrive, ACS spring set only comes with the front set and no rear set?
__________________
2012 F10 528i xDrive | 3D Front Lip & Spoiler | 20" BC Forged HB05S | M5 Grill | M5 Spoiler | Shadowline Trim | ACS Spring | Meisterschaft GTC Quad Exhaust
My Build Thread
saeba1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
Nobleman
First Lieutenant
 
Nobleman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535 Xdrive Msport TiAg
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NJ Edgewater

Posts: 304
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeba1 View Post
Is it true that for 528 xDrive, ACS spring set only comes with the front set and no rear set?
I have 535i xdrive and came with all four springs. Im not sure about the 528 xdrive. Check this web site site. When u click price guide, it will tell u how many springs are coming. www.cecwheels.com
__________________

Waiting New M4
Sold- 2011 535 Xdrive Msport TiAg
Retired- 2008 535i Sport Jet Black
Retired- 2006 335i Sport Jet Black
Nobleman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
saeba1
Private First Class
 
saeba1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 528i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW Chicago

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleman

I have 535i xdrive and came with all four springs. Im not sure about the 528 xdrive. Check this web site site. When u click price guide, it will tell u how many springs are coming. www.cecwheels.com
On the website, 528 xdrive kit only has the front kit. But 535 xdrive come with both the front only kit and full kit.

I am not sure if it was an unintentional omission.
__________________
2012 F10 528i xDrive | 3D Front Lip & Spoiler | 20" BC Forged HB05S | M5 Grill | M5 Spoiler | Shadowline Trim | ACS Spring | Meisterschaft GTC Quad Exhaust
My Build Thread
saeba1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
Nobleman
First Lieutenant
 
Nobleman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535 Xdrive Msport TiAg
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NJ Edgewater

Posts: 304
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeba1 View Post
On the website, 528 xdrive kit only has the front kit. But 535 xdrive come with both the front only kit and full kit.

I am not sure if it was an unintentional omission.
You should call cec directly! And find out. They are the expert so they should know about this.
__________________

Waiting New M4
Sold- 2011 535 Xdrive Msport TiAg
Retired- 2008 535i Sport Jet Black
Retired- 2006 335i Sport Jet Black
Nobleman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
saeba1
Private First Class
 
saeba1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 528i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW Chicago

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleman
You should call cec directly! And find out. They are the expert so they should know about this.
Thanks. I actually did call CEC but want to double check.
Thanks...
__________________
2012 F10 528i xDrive | 3D Front Lip & Spoiler | 20" BC Forged HB05S | M5 Grill | M5 Spoiler | Shadowline Trim | ACS Spring | Meisterschaft GTC Quad Exhaust
My Build Thread
saeba1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
Alan l.
Brigadier General
 
Alan l.'s Avatar
 
Drives: LCI M-Sport 550i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Coast

Posts: 4,396
iTrader: (8)

the only car that only comes with the front springs from what i remembered was the F11 Wagons.
__________________

2014 LCI 550i M Sport | 3D Design Front Spoiler | BMW Performance Black Grills | BMW Performance Trunk Lip | BMW Performance Diffuser | Painted Reflectors | Wincos 30% Tint | Supersprint Exhaust | ACSSprings | MORR VS8.2 Rims 20x10R and 20x9F | Michelin PSS Tires |||More Photos of my car here|||
Alan l. is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #7
saeba1
Private First Class
 
saeba1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 528i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW Chicago

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
the only car that only comes with the front springs from what i remembered was the F11 Wagons.
I think you are right. The CEC person I talked to check with ACS and they basically said some 528i xDrive has rear self leveling suspension. But from my research, it looks like it is only on F11 (and maybe F7).
saeba1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-20-2012, 10:11 PM   #8
JohnnyF10
Private First Class
 
Drives: f10 528i xDrive, e93 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal

Posts: 192
iTrader: (0)

Please update us as I am looking to buy a set myself and I was surprised to hear that also last week
__________________
2012 F10 528ixDrive | Vorsteiner Front Lip & rear Diffuser | 20" MS50 MORR Wheels| M5 Grill | M5 Spoiler | ACS Roof Spoiler | ACS Spring | Arqray Quad Exhaust | Hartge Tune
2011 E93 M3 | Vorsteiner Front Lip & rear Diffuser |19" ZCP OEM Wheels | Black Grills | CF Trunk Spoiler | Alcantara Boots | BMW CF Trims | Akrapovic CF Exhaust
JohnnyF10 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #9
saeba1
Private First Class
 
saeba1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 528i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW Chicago

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarruda View Post
Please update us as I am looking to buy a set myself and I was surprised to hear that also last week
I talked to a couple of the CEC reps. One confirmed that 528i xDrive Sedan doesn't have the self leveling rear suspension. My BMW dealership also confirmed this.
So you will need the front and rear spring kit.
saeba1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #10
Alan l.
Brigadier General
 
Alan l.'s Avatar
 
Drives: LCI M-Sport 550i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Coast

Posts: 4,396
iTrader: (8)

According to the ACS parts list there isn't a kit for the F10 528.

http://preisliste.ac-schnitzer.de/ac...swahl=Fahrwerk

If there isn't a huge weight difference between the 535 and 528 then i would try using the 535 springs. The 550's have a different part number because of the V8's extra weight up front.

Alan
__________________

2014 LCI 550i M Sport | 3D Design Front Spoiler | BMW Performance Black Grills | BMW Performance Trunk Lip | BMW Performance Diffuser | Painted Reflectors | Wincos 30% Tint | Supersprint Exhaust | ACSSprings | MORR VS8.2 Rims 20x10R and 20x9F | Michelin PSS Tires |||More Photos of my car here|||
Alan l. is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #11
saeba1
Private First Class
 
saeba1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 528i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW Chicago

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
According to the ACS parts list there isn't a kit for the F10 528.

http://preisliste.ac-schnitzer.de/ac...swahl=Fahrwerk

If there isn't a huge weight difference between the 535 and 528 then i would try using the 535 springs. The 550's have a different part number because of the V8's extra weight up front.

Alan
That is what I am ordering. 528ix is about 200lb lighter than 535ix.
I figure that is close enough.
saeba1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-25-2012, 01:36 AM   #12
al.naqvi
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 535xi
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

i no this is offtopic but saeba1 i love your rims and i have a 535xi and havent been able to figure out how to get these rims.. if u can please let me no where u got the rims the size and the tires you are using.. and also if the ride quality is still excellent this will be greatly appreciated.. ive just gotten my car and i love yours would love to make it very similar.. thanksQ
al.naqvi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #13
saeba1
Private First Class
 
saeba1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 528i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW Chicago

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by al.naqvi View Post
i no this is offtopic but saeba1 i love your rims and i have a 535xi and havent been able to figure out how to get these rims.. if u can please let me no where u got the rims the size and the tires you are using.. and also if the ride quality is still excellent this will be greatly appreciated.. ive just gotten my car and i love yours would love to make it very similar.. thanksQ
Which rims? The M5 replicas or the Forgestar CF5?
As you can see in my build thread, I have recently switched over to a new set of wheels and tires.

The M5s are low pressure cast replicas in non-staggered setup (4x19x8.5 ET35) with Goodyear LS2 runflats tires.
The Forgestar CF5 are in staggered setup (20x9F + 20x10R) with Hankook Ventus V12 tires.
I got them both from Alan************. Great guy to work with.

Ride quality with the LS2 are ok, but they simply don't compare to the Hankooks. The RFTs are noisier and harsher on the ride.
The new 20s combo feel much like my original 17" wheel/tire setup in terms of ride quality (but better handling due to the ACS).
__________________
2012 F10 528i xDrive | 3D Front Lip & Spoiler | 20" BC Forged HB05S | M5 Grill | M5 Spoiler | Shadowline Trim | ACS Spring | Meisterschaft GTC Quad Exhaust
My Build Thread
saeba1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #14
Akkord29
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2012 528i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 134
iTrader: (2)

Did you end up purchasing the 535 xdrive springs? Do you confirm the part#?
Akkord29 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST