2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Ordering New F10 535d M-Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
bmwombat
Private First Class
 
bmwombat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 535D M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia

Posts: 103
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Ordering New F10 535d M-Sport

Hi all,

Have just ordered my new Carbon Black 535d M-Sport with the following spec:

• M Sport Package includes:
BMW Individual High-Gloss Shadow Line
BMW Individual headliner anthracite
Interior trim in Aluminium Hexagon
M Aerodynamic Package
M sport suspension
M leather steering wheel
Sport seats for driver and front passenger
M door sill finishers
19" M light alloy wheels Double-spoke 351 M
• Sports Automatic Transmission
• Adaptive drive
• Integral Active Steering
• Alarm System
• Comfort Access
• Climate Comfort Windscreen
• Rear Camera
• Sunroof
• Anti Dazzle Mirrors
• Active Seat Ventilation
• Comfort seats (includes Lumbar Support & Electric seat adjustment)
• Seat heating Driver & Passenger
• High Beam Assist
• Lane Departure Waming
• Lane Change Warning
• Surround View
• Digital Tuner DAB+
• 4-Z0NE Air conditioning
• Auto tail gate
• Black front Grill
• Additional 12V sockets
• M rear spoiler

Am considering also adding:
• Voice Control
• Night Vision
• Parking Assistant
• HiFi Loudspeaker system (this is the next step up from the standard system but is NOT the top of range HiFi System professional)

Would certainly appreciate any thoughts from the community about the usefulness of adding the extra options (I still have a week or so to play with the final configuration of my order).
bmwombat is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 12:57 AM   #2
bimmer man
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 640i Convertible, 518d lci
Join Date: May 2008
Location: norway, kristiansund

Posts: 493
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 640i  [5.00]
looks good, but you forgot navi pro. and head-up display (HUD). Navigation in conjunction with HUD's amazing. I also will upgraded to the new digital instrument panel. And on a 535d should upgrade to the hifi, hifi pro. I have had many BMWs but 535d Xdrive that I have now is the ultimate BMW with an incredible engine and traction. Was on the German autobahn in the summer and had a speed 260 km / h and it was not stop there. You made a good choice. Is there anything you wonder. just ask. Congrats. http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=648543

Last edited by bimmer man; 09-09-2012 at 01:17 AM.
bimmer man is offline   Norway
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 02:11 AM   #3
bmwombat
Private First Class
 
bmwombat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 535D M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia

Posts: 103
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer man View Post
looks good, but you forgot navi pro. and head-up display (HUD). Navigation in conjunction with HUD's amazing. I also will upgraded to the new digital instrument panel. And on a 535d should upgrade to the hifi, hifi pro. I have had many BMWs but 535d Xdrive that I have now is the ultimate BMW with an incredible engine and traction. Was on the German autobahn in the summer and had a speed 260 km / h and it was not stop there. You made a good choice. Is there anything you wonder. just ask. Congrats. http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=648543
Navi Pro & HUD are standard on the 535 in Australia; should have mentioned them I guess. The digital instrument panel is also standard here but I'm strongly considering the stereo upgrade. Thanks for your thoughts. By the way your car looks ace! Very nice ride.

Last edited by bmwombat; 09-09-2012 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Error
bmwombat is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 04:33 AM   #4
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
 
rhinosaur's Avatar
 
Drives: F11 535d MY2013
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany/Portugal

Posts: 361
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwombat View Post
Hi all,

Have just ordered my new Carbon Black 535d M-Sport with the following spec:

• M Sport Package includes:
BMW Individual High-Gloss Shadow Line
BMW Individual headliner anthracite
Interior trim in Aluminium Hexagon
M Aerodynamic Package
M sport suspension
M leather steering wheel
Sport seats for driver and front passenger
M door sill finishers
19" M light alloy wheels Double-spoke 351 M
• Sports Automatic Transmission
• Adaptive drive
• Integral Active Steering
• Alarm System
• Comfort Access
• Climate Comfort Windscreen
• Rear Camera
• Sunroof
• Anti Dazzle Mirrors
• Active Seat Ventilation
• Comfort seats (includes Lumbar Support & Electric seat adjustment)
• Seat heating Driver & Passenger
• High Beam Assist
• Lane Departure Waming
• Lane Change Warning
• Surround View
• Digital Tuner DAB+
• 4-Z0NE Air conditioning
• Auto tail gate
• Black front Grill
• Additional 12V sockets
• M rear spoiler

Am considering also adding:
• Voice Control
• Night Vision
• Parking Assistant
• HiFi Loudspeaker system (this is the next step up from the standard system but is NOT the top of range HiFi System professional)

Would certainly appreciate any thoughts from the community about the usefulness of adding the extra options (I still have a week or so to play with the final configuration of my order).
Great spec! Congratulations!
There's some conflicting information, though… Judging by your post you have sport seats within the M-package and comfort seats added below. I would say you chose the latter but maybe you could clear that one up?

As concerns the extra options, I would only care for voice control and the HiFi Professional sound system (which is not the top-of-the-range system any longer, btw).
rhinosaur is offline   Portugal
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 05:10 AM   #5
bmwombat
Private First Class
 
bmwombat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 535D M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia

Posts: 103
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Yeah the comfort seats replace the sports seats. WRT the voice control do you know if you can speak web addresses to enter them using it?

BTW does anyone have any views about the usefulness of the optional Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)? I'm thinking that it'd be very useful to be able to monitor the pressures in the run flats (which are the only tyres you can get here on 5ers in Australia) to make sure they stay at the right pressures - I learnt my lesson with my 1st set of RFTs 2 cars ago when they wore out in less than 10,000 Klm's due to my not checking they were kept at the correct pressure (cost me $A2600 to replace 4 tyres - the dealer wanted $A3200 for the set!!!!).

Last edited by bmwombat; 09-09-2012 at 05:17 AM.
bmwombat is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
ajohansen
New Member
 
Drives: F11 520d
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Norway

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

Use your money on a better hifi and leave the night vision. Imo the night vision is not worth the money, and my opinion is that the person recognition system is full of flaws!
ajohansen is offline   Norway
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #7
bmwombat
Private First Class
 
bmwombat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 535D M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia

Posts: 103
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohansen View Post
Use your money on a better hifi and leave the night vision. Imo the night vision is not worth the money, and my opinion is that the person recognition system is full of flaws!
Yes...I'm tending towards that view too. There's a few other threads on this forum that aren't very complimentary towards the Night Vision option...thanks.
__________________
Driving: 2013 F10 535d M-Sport Carbon Black.
=========================
bmwombat is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2012, 12:57 AM   #8
bmwombat
Private First Class
 
bmwombat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 535D M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia

Posts: 103
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hi all,

Have now made my final decisions as to the final spec I want for my new Carbon Black 535d M-Sport:

Standard spec is (because I know this differs from country to country):
• Auto Start/Stop function
• Brake Energy Regeneration
• Driving experience control incl. ECO PRO mode
• Electric Power Steering with Servotronic
• Active headrests, front
• Driver and front passenger airbags with occupant detector
• Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) incl. Dynamic Traction Control (DTC), Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), CBC and Brake Assistant
• Head airbags for front and rear
• Side impact airbags for front passenger
• Cruise Control with brake function
• Head-Up Display
• Park Distance Control (PDC) - front and rear
• Bi-Xenon Headlights with headlight washer system
• Exterior mirrors, aspheric, electrically adjustable with active heating
• Fog lights
• Rain sensor and automatic driving lights control
• Ambient lighting
• Automatic air conditioning with 2-zone control (replaced by 4-zone A/C)
• Bluetooth preparation
• Control Displaywith 10.2" colour monitor
• Stereo Speaker System (replaced by HiFi Loudspeaker system w/205W amp etc.)
• Interior mirror with automatic anti-dazzle function
• Intemet functionality
• Multifunction leather steering wheel (replaced by M steering wheel)
• Navigation System Professional
• Radio BMW Professional with CD drive
• Through-loading system
• USB audio interface
• Dakota leather upholstery

Options added are:
• M Sport Package includes:
BMW Individual High-Gloss Shadow Line
BMW Individual headliner anthracite
Interior trim in Aluminium Hexagon
M Aerodynamic Package
M sport suspension
M leather steering wheel
Sport seats for driver and front passenger (replaced by Comfort Seats)
M door sill finishers
19" M light alloy wheels Double-spoke 351 M
• Sports Automatic Transmission
• Adaptive drive
• Integral Active Steering
• Alarm System
• Comfort Access
• Climate Comfort Windscreen
• Rear Camera
• Sunroof
• Anti Dazzle Mirrors
• Active Seat Ventilation
• Comfort seats (includes Lumbar Support & Electric seat adjustment)
• Seat heating Driver & Passenger
• High Beam Assist
• Lane Departure Waming
• Lane Change Warning
• Surround View
• Digital Tuner DAB+
• 4-Z0NE Air conditioning
• Auto tail gate
• Black front Grill (dealer fitted)
• M rear spoiler

Have now added:
• Voice Control
• Parking Assistant
• HiFi Loudspeaker system
• Window tinting (darkest street legal - dealer fitted)

Looks like delivery late December.
__________________
Driving: 2013 F10 535d M-Sport Carbon Black.
=========================
bmwombat is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #9
bimmer man
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 640i Convertible, 518d lci
Join Date: May 2008
Location: norway, kristiansund

Posts: 493
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 640i  [5.00]
have you not DAB Radio in Australia. It's is recommended in Europe.
bimmer man is offline   Norway
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
bmwombat
Private First Class
 
bmwombat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 535D M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia

Posts: 103
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer man View Post
have you not DAB Radio in Australia. It's is recommended in Europe.
Yes - I've ordered the Digital Tuner DAB+ option. We only have it in the capital cities but that's where I live anyway so it'll be good to have.
__________________
Driving: 2013 F10 535d M-Sport Carbon Black.
=========================
bmwombat is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 04:59 AM   #11
tnikolov
Enlisted Member
 
tnikolov's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 550xi
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
• Cruise Control with brake function
Is this the one that follows the car in front? If not, get that one.. its superb for heavy traffic and highway driving...
tnikolov is offline   Bulgaria
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 05:39 AM   #12
bmwombat
Private First Class
 
bmwombat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 535D M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia

Posts: 103
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
No it's the std cruise control. I don't want the version you're referring to as we have that feature on our other car (Lexus IS250 Sports Luxury - it came standard) & after the 1st few times I used it on the highway I absolutely hated it & we haven't used it since for over3 years + I don't drive in peak hour traffic anyway. I hear what you're saying but I guess it all comes down to personal preference anyway. Thanks for the thought tho'.
__________________
Driving: 2013 F10 535d M-Sport Carbon Black.
=========================
bmwombat is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 06:09 AM   #13
tnikolov
Enlisted Member
 
tnikolov's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 550xi
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwombat View Post
No it's the std cruise control. I don't want the version you're referring to as we have that feature on our other car (Lexus IS250 Sports Luxury - it came standard) & after the 1st few times I used it on the highway I absolutely hated it & we haven't used it since for over3 years + I don't drive in peak hour traffic anyway. I hear what you're saying but I guess it all comes down to personal preference anyway. Thanks for the thought tho'.
Was it not good on the Lex? Cause I also have it on my Land Cruiser (same manufacturer as Lexus) and I hate it there also, I think its useless. But in my F10 I love it.. it does the job extremely well, you can regulate it pretty good from the steering wheel, it displays a lot of info on the HUD, etc
tnikolov is offline   Bulgaria
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 06:26 AM   #14
bmwombat
Private First Class
 
bmwombat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 535D M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia

Posts: 103
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnikolov View Post
Was it not good on the Lex? Cause I also have it on my Land Cruiser (same manufacturer as Lexus) and I hate it there also, I think its useless. But in my F10 I love it.. it does the job extremely well, you can regulate it pretty good from the steering wheel, it displays a lot of info on the HUD, etc
Definitely didn't like it on the Lexus. Also it's a AUD4700 option (+ some taxes) here so it's very hard for me to justify it given my prior experience with my Lexus.
__________________
Driving: 2013 F10 535d M-Sport Carbon Black.
=========================
bmwombat is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #15
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
 
rhinosaur's Avatar
 
Drives: F11 535d MY2013
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany/Portugal

Posts: 361
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwombat View Post
No it's the std cruise control. I don't want the version you're referring to as we have that feature on our other car (Lexus IS250 Sports Luxury - it came standard) & after the 1st few times I used it on the highway I absolutely hated it & we haven't used it since for over3 years + I don't drive in peak hour traffic anyway. I hear what you're saying but I guess it all comes down to personal preference anyway. Thanks for the thought tho'.
I totally agree with your preference. I tested the Stop & Go function and decided to ditch it and stick with the barebones brake function only. I hated the feeling that the car would accelerate/decelerate on its own rather than with direct inputs from the driver.
rhinosaur is offline   Portugal
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #16
bmwombat
Private First Class
 
bmwombat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 535D M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia

Posts: 103
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
I totally agree with your preference. I tested the Stop & Go function and decided to ditch it and stick with the barebones brake function only. I hated the feeling that the car would accelerate/decelerate on its own rather than with direct inputs from the driver.
yep...that was the major issue I had with the same feature on my Lexus IS250 SL. I want to be in control of the braking/accelerating.
__________________
Driving: 2013 F10 535d M-Sport Carbon Black.
=========================
bmwombat is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2012, 11:17 PM   #17
bmwombat
Private First Class
 
bmwombat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 535D M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia

Posts: 103
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwombat View Post
Hi all,

Have now made my final decisions as to the final spec I want for my new Carbon Black 535d M-Sport:

Standard spec is (because I know this differs from country to country):
• Auto Start/Stop function
• Brake Energy Regeneration
• Driving experience control incl. ECO PRO mode
• Electric Power Steering with Servotronic
• Active headrests, front
• Driver and front passenger airbags with occupant detector
• Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) incl. Dynamic Traction Control (DTC), Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), CBC and Brake Assistant
• Head airbags for front and rear
• Side impact airbags for front passenger
• Cruise Control with brake function
• Head-Up Display
• Park Distance Control (PDC) - front and rear
• Bi-Xenon Headlights with headlight washer system
• Exterior mirrors, aspheric, electrically adjustable with active heating
• Fog lights
• Rain sensor and automatic driving lights control
• Ambient lighting
• Automatic air conditioning with 2-zone control (replaced by 4-zone A/C)
• Bluetooth preparation
• Control Displaywith 10.2" colour monitor
• Stereo Speaker System (replaced by HiFi Loudspeaker system w/205W amp etc.)
• Interior mirror with automatic anti-dazzle function
• Intemet functionality
• Multifunction leather steering wheel (replaced by M steering wheel)
• Navigation System Professional
• Radio BMW Professional with CD drive
• Through-loading system
• USB audio interface
• Dakota leather upholstery

Options added are:
• M Sport Package includes:
BMW Individual High-Gloss Shadow Line
BMW Individual headliner anthracite
Interior trim in Aluminium Hexagon
M Aerodynamic Package
M sport suspension
M leather steering wheel
Sport seats for driver and front passenger (replaced by Comfort Seats)
M door sill finishers
19" M light alloy wheels Double-spoke 351 M
• Sports Automatic Transmission
• Adaptive drive
• Integral Active Steering
• Alarm System
• Comfort Access
• Climate Comfort Windscreen
• Rear Camera
• Sunroof
• Anti Dazzle Mirrors
• Active Seat Ventilation
• Comfort seats (includes Lumbar Support & Electric seat adjustment)
• Seat heating Driver & Passenger
• High Beam Assist
• Lane Departure Waming
• Lane Change Warning
• Surround View
• Digital Tuner DAB+
• 4-Z0NE Air conditioning
• Auto tail gate
• Black front Grill (dealer fitted)
• M rear spoiler

Have now added:
• Voice Control
• Parking Assistant
• HiFi Loudspeaker system
• Window tinting (darkest street legal - dealer fitted)

Looks like delivery late December.
Just missed out on the October build slot - bugga! Delivery has now slipped to 3rd week in Jan. 2013 - ah well! Still it gives me time to add some more options:

• Tyre Pressure Monitor
• Music Interface for Smartphone

Am also investigating whether or not I can swap out the 351M rims for either 312 (ferric gray) or 356s.
__________________
Driving: 2013 F10 535d M-Sport Carbon Black.
=========================
bmwombat is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #18
Bimmernerd
Second Lieutenant
 
Bimmernerd's Avatar
 
Drives: 530dM xDrive F11 2012
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Stockholm

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Congrats, an impressive spec! I think you made the right decision about the adaptive cruise control and night vision. Both options are ridiculously pricey (as most of BMW:s options BTW).

I would strongly recommend the second best HiFi Pro system (Dirac 600W). It is well worth the extra money compared to the others. The 351M wheels look great but I have already had two accidents when parking to close to the curb - a disadvantage with low profile tires and 19" wheels
Bimmernerd is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #19
bmwombat
Private First Class
 
bmwombat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 535D M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia

Posts: 103
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmernerd View Post
Congrats, an impressive spec! I think you made the right decision about the adaptive cruise control and night vision. Both options are ridiculously pricey (as most of BMW:s options BTW).

I would strongly recommend the second best HiFi Pro system (Dirac 600W). It is well worth the extra money compared to the others. The 351M wheels look great but I have already had two accidents when parking to close to the curb - a disadvantage with low profile tires and 19" wheels
I have already spent $A1300 upgrading to the 205W system; Here in OZ the 600W system costs $A2900 & the top of the range B&O system costs $A13,000!!!! Do you really think it's worth for me to pay another $A1600 (on top of the $A1300 I've already spent) for an in-car stereo system? I am actually interested in feedback on this from anyone - also I don't spend every day in the car as I work from home so don't have a daily commute or customer visits to do.
__________________
Driving: 2013 F10 535d M-Sport Carbon Black.
=========================
bmwombat is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #20
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
 
rhinosaur's Avatar
 
Drives: F11 535d MY2013
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany/Portugal

Posts: 361
iTrader: (0)

I have HiFi Professional (i.e., the 600 W system mentioned by Bimmernerd) and I am extremely happy with it. I listen to some heavy stuff (e.g., Tool) and this is the first system where I don't need to reduce loudness or bass to avoid distortion or vibrations. Sound is crystal crisp, very well balanced in x,y,z dimensions and you have an equalizing mode.

5 stars
__________________

rhinosaur is offline   Portugal
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2012, 04:11 AM   #21
viffer
Save the Manuals!
 
Drives: F11 535i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
I have HiFi Professional ...

5 stars
Happy to hear that. I have ordered the same system for my F11 535i. About 700 GBP in the UK. I considered the B&O (despite the very high cost) but in the end decided not to order it without a back-to-back comparison with the HiFi pro. Comparison demo not available - no dealer round here seems to have a B&O-equipped car.

Cheers, Richard.
viffer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #22
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
 
rhinosaur's Avatar
 
Drives: F11 535d MY2013
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany/Portugal

Posts: 361
iTrader: (0)

Honestly, the HiFi Professional beats the B/O by miles in a cost vs. benefit comparison. The former is already very good and less than a third the price of the latter.

I would also add that my impression is that the HiFi Professional system received some recent improvements. When I tested a car January this year (a mid-2011 built 535d Touring, I believe) I could definitely feel that the sound was spatially centered too low, to a point where I doubted if I should go for it or not. In my car (MY 2013) this is not an issue at all.
rhinosaur is offline   Portugal
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
535d, night vision, park assistant, voice control

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST