2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK F11 Mud-flaps
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #1
CH79
Enlisted Member
Scotland
2
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: 520d M-Sport (F11)
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Lanarkshire

iTrader: (0)

F11 Mud-flaps

Do mud-flaps fit on the F11 with the M-Sport body kit? Anyone got any pictures? Ideally on a space grey F11?

I've noticed that there is quite a bit of spray on the skirts/rear bumber which would probably be solved with mudflaps so if they looked okay, I would consider fitting them.

Can you get them anywhere else other than from BMW? Is it an easy DIY job?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
BMWales
New Member
United Kingdom
0
Rep
14
Posts

 
Drives: F11 525D sport, silver, vdc...
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Monmouthshire

iTrader: (0)

I've been told by my local dealer they wont fit on an M sport.
Annoying as i want to fit a set too but don't fancy buying them and finding dealer actually knows what he's taling about ;-)
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #3
remmib
General
remmib's Avatar
Norway
353
Rep
26,257
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

See post #24 for pics of oem mud flaps on a m-sport. F10, but doubt the F11 are much different.

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthre...d+flaps&page=2
__________________

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3D Design Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
davewf
New Member
0
Rep
29
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F11 520d Msport
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Suffolk

iTrader: (0)

Just fitted a set to my F11 520d M sport, they fitted fine but you need to follow the instructions for the 6-cylinder model when fitting the RH rear as they have got the instructions reversed ie page which says (only for 6 - Cylinder) should read (all other models). This because there is a plastic under tray where the 6 cylinder would have its exhaust so you do not need part D. You just screw up through the fixing on the main flap into the plastic tray.

Had me confused for a bit but its obvious when you know.

Last edited by davewf; 12-21-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 06:01 AM   #5
JD-IRL
New Member
Ireland
0
Rep
25
Posts

 
Drives: F11
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dublin , Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewf View Post
Just fitted a set to my F11 520d M sport, they fitted fine but you need to follow the instructions for the 6-cylinder model when fitting the RH rear as they have got the instructions reversed ie page which says (only for 6 - Cylinder) should read (all other models). This because there is a plastic under tray where the 6 cylinder would have its exhaust so you do not need part D. You just screw up through the fixing on the main flap into the plastic tray.

Had me confused for a bit but its obvious when you know.
Hi Dave,

Any pics of your work, would love to see what they look like on an F11.
Also can you buy the front and rears separately.

Cheers
JD
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
davewf
New Member
0
Rep
29
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F11 520d Msport
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Suffolk

iTrader: (0)

Pictures as requested flaps installed on 520d M Sport F11. Front and rears can be bought separately.
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 04:03 AM   #7
HighlandPete
Brigadier General
58
Rep
4,699
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Scotland, Highland Region

iTrader: (0)

^^^

Interesting, as I also was under the impression mudflaps were not suitable for the M-sport. BMW data still says that, but I do miss not having mudflaps up here, with all the muck we get thrown at our cars.

Will look at getting them for my F11.

Thanks for posting.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 04:58 AM   #8
davewf
New Member
0
Rep
29
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F11 520d Msport
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Suffolk

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
^^^

Interesting, as I also was under the impression mudflaps were not suitable for the M-sport. BMW data still says that, but I do miss not having mudflaps up here, with all the muck we get thrown at our cars.

Will look at getting them for my F11.

Thanks for posting.

HighlandPete
My local dealer got them in for me and we offered them up to the car to check that the profiles fitted OK note that there seem to be two different kit numbers for the rears, these are

82 16 2 155 857 and 860

Unfortunately I have managed to loose the invoice so not sure which part number I fitted. However BMW Direct on Ebay are selling the 860 variant so suspect that was what I fitted.

Suggest you get the dealer to get a set in and check the profiles fit before taking them home. Not a big risk for the dealer as they can always use them for the SE variants
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 06:39 AM   #9
JD-IRL
New Member
Ireland
0
Rep
25
Posts

 
Drives: F11
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dublin , Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewf View Post
Pictures as requested flaps installed on 520d M Sport F11. Front and rears can be bought separately.
Cheers Dave, really appreciate it.
JD
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST