2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum New 2013 535i Ordered Today!!!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-28-2012, 03:10 AM   #1
E92///M3
Private
2
Rep
60
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

New 2013 535i Ordered Today!!!

Black Dakota Leather
Anthracite Wood Trim
Sport Automatic Transmission w/Paddle Shifters
M Sport Package
Dynamic Damping Control
Driver Assistance Package
Power/Manual Sunshades
Navigation System
Premium Sound System

Name:  Screen shot 2012-12-28 at 12.28.02 AM.png
Views: 2169
Size:  297.1 KB

Name:  Screen shot 2012-12-28 at 12.27.47 AM.png
Views: 1142
Size:  285.5 KB

Name:  Screen shot 2012-12-28 at 12.27.24 AM.png
Views: 1142
Size:  206.9 KB

Name:  Screen shot 2012-12-28 at 12.26.57 AM.png
Views: 1103
Size:  215.3 KBJet Black

Last edited by E92///M3; 12-28-2012 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Photos added
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 05:42 AM   #2
OzDriver
Private First Class
OzDriver's Avatar
Australia
2
Rep
114
Posts

 
Drives: '13 535i & '08 530i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Congrats - looks good
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 06:01 AM   #3
Lee
First Lieutenant
Germany
3
Rep
326
Posts

 
Drives: '12 550ix m sport, '01 Z3 3.0
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Congrats. You won't be disappointed. Still keeping your M3?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
Bradbury
Vroooooom!
Bradbury's Avatar
Norway
2
Rep
206
Posts

 
Drives: F20 120d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
What is the yellow stripe between the wheel and the headlamp? I haven't seen that on the European models, or maybe I just haven't noticed them...
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
L7AS
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
205
Posts

 
Drives: '12 F10 535i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA

iTrader: (1)

Grats on the new car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradbury View Post
What is the yellow stripe between the wheel and the headlamp? I haven't seen that on the European models, or maybe I just haven't noticed them...
It's the front reflectors on US spec cars. It's required by law here. Many people paint them to match with body color though.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 08:19 AM   #6
Bradbury
Vroooooom!
Bradbury's Avatar
Norway
2
Rep
206
Posts

 
Drives: F20 120d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Thanks for... shedding light on that. Safety first, huh...?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #7
L7AS
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
205
Posts

 
Drives: '12 F10 535i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradbury View Post
Thanks for... shedding light on that. Safety first, huh...?
probably yea
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #8
JamRWS6
Private First Class
1
Rep
151
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Does the assistance package come with the contour seats? I believe they are no longer standard on the M Sport for '13. Love them in mine.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #9
E92///M3
Private
2
Rep
60
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamRWS6 View Post
Does the assistance package come with the contour seats? I believe they are no longer standard on the M Sport for '13. Love them in mine.
No. Driver Assistance concerns the Driver's safety, awareness, and visual of your surroundings which is why it has the different camera angles, parking sensors, and the lane change warning, and blind spot. Multi contour is a separate option or in the Luxury seating pkg along with the active litttle massage feature thing and the ventilation i believe.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #10
Amleto63
Commander
Amleto63's Avatar
Italy
6
Rep
210
Posts

 
Drives: F10 520d Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pisa

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to Amleto63
Very nice but almost boring black on black.
__________________
Stay Ahead!
E46(00-03) - E46 Touring (03-06) - E90(06-10)
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #11
martin mustang
First Lieutenant
Ireland
7
Rep
345
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 520, X3 & 88 635csi
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Very nice order, Black leather is very good I have it but with Alum for more brightness, I was very impressed with the effect of the contrast between the brush Alum and black leather.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 08:54 PM   #12
E92///M3
Private
2
Rep
60
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amleto63 View Post
Very nice but almost boring black on black.
that's just how I roll bro. black on black is slick especially for this car to me.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 10:49 PM   #13
shoei
Major
shoei's Avatar
14
Rep
1,174
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 AW...
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: los angeles

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92///M3 View Post
No. Driver Assistance concerns the Driver's safety, awareness, and visual of your surroundings which is why it has the different camera angles, parking sensors, and the lane change warning, and blind spot. Multi contour is a separate option or in the Luxury seating pkg along with the active litttle massage feature thing and the ventilation i believe.
i found out the hard way that the multi contour seats are no longer provided with the M-Sport package... i was pretty much done with my paperwork when i sat in the car while they went to get approval... that's what i get for not going on a test drive, but i had driven one before... took another week, but they found one packaged the way i wanted... well, almost packaged the way i wanted, i gained the multi-contour seats but lost soft close doors. I figured i could close my doors a little harder for the next while, or sit on those ridiculously uncomfortable seats that feel like the ones in the 328 loaner cars for the next few years...
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 02:27 AM   #14
E92///M3
Private
2
Rep
60
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
i found out the hard way that the multi contour seats are no longer provided with the M-Sport package... i was pretty much done with my paperwork when i sat in the car while they went to get approval... that's what i get for not going on a test drive, but i had driven one before... took another week, but they found one packaged the way i wanted... well, almost packaged the way i wanted, i gained the multi-contour seats but lost soft close doors. I figured i could close my doors a little harder for the next while, or sit on those ridiculously uncomfortable seats that feel like the ones in the 328 loaner cars for the next few years...
I was going to get soft-close doors because I did notice the little struggle with getting them close so my concern was that they would wear down as your random passengers sit in your car and they slam it when you can't remember to remind them everytime and since the doors are solid they can be slammed well. So not getting soft-close doors was a must for me which is why I didn't get it. You know I don't want to be scared and be soft on a car that I paid almost $65k on you know? I mentioned in another thread I created where a Merc s550 from the previous year had that feature and overtime when people slammed the door it became a pain just to get the soft-close to function because it was so weak.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 03:56 AM   #15
Boss330
Brigadier General
Boss330's Avatar
Norway
85
Rep
3,725
Posts

 
Drives: F10 5xxi N53B30 - AC Schnitzer
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway, Scandinavia

iTrader: (0)

I guess when people say "multi contour" seats, they mean the sports seats with better side bolsters and the extendable leg support. The sports seat was std. with the M-sport package in the US, but it now comes with the std. seats.

Just want to make sure you are aware before it's too late to change the order.

Sports seat:


Euro Alcantara trim:




Std. seat:



Last edited by Boss330; 01-01-2013 at 04:08 AM.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 01:09 AM   #16
shoei
Major
shoei's Avatar
14
Rep
1,174
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 AW...
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: los angeles

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
I guess when people say "multi contour" seats, they mean the sports seats with better side bolsters and the extendable leg support. The sports seat was std. with the M-sport package in the US, but it now comes with the std. seats.

Just want to make sure you are aware before it's too late to change the order.
yup... as i said, i ALMOST found out the hard way... i had no idea BMW changed it from 2012 to 2013 where it is now an option you have to select, and before it came standard on any F10 equipped with MSport...

standard seats are horrible, they really do feel like the stock seats in the completely base model 328 loaner cars they give out time to time... i think warning as many people as possible is a good thing, you do NOT want the std seats...
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 01:14 AM   #17
Boulder Bill
Second Lieutenant
United_States
2
Rep
213
Posts

 
Drives: for fun. Always.
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

The "contour" seats now also come with the luxury seating package as well.
__________________
2013 F10 550i/6 M-Sport
(retired: 2002 E39 540i/6)
2014 Infiniti QX60 AWD
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #18
Boss330
Brigadier General
Boss330's Avatar
Norway
85
Rep
3,725
Posts

 
Drives: F10 5xxi N53B30 - AC Schnitzer
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway, Scandinavia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder Bill View Post
The "contour" seats now also come with the luxury seating package as well.
The luxury seats look (and feel) similar to the sports seats but have full power operation as well as more functions.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #19
JamRWS6
Private First Class
1
Rep
151
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330
The luxury seats look (and feel) similar to the sports seats but have full power operation as well as more functions.
What additional power is there? Only thing I know of are the side bolsters. Can't think of anything else that isn't power.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
Die Wolfe
Lieutenant
Die Wolfe's Avatar
5
Rep
429
Posts

 
Drives: '12 535i Msport/'13 X5///M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amleto63 View Post
Very nice but almost boring black on black.
that's just how I roll bro. black on black is slick especially for this car to me.
Ditto! Love the all black look; very clean but a bitch to keep up!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #21
Aeroav8r
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
125
Posts

 
Drives: '11 535i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tustin, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamRWS6 View Post
What additional power is there? Only thing I know of are the side bolsters. Can't think of anything else that isn't power.
The seat-back pivots in the middle, where as you can recline or decline the upper half of the seat-back as well as the normal recline/decline at the lower pivot point.
__________________
2011 535i
2005 Nissan Titan
2013 Accord LX sedan
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 03:09 AM   #22
shoei
Major
shoei's Avatar
14
Rep
1,174
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 AW...
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: los angeles

iTrader: (1)

i think it also has lumbar crap and whatnot... and the extending piece...
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST