2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Finally ...
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-23-2013, 01:05 AM   #1
OzDriver
Private First Class
 
OzDriver's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 535i & '08 530i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney

Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

Talking Finally ...

After more than 20 weeks of waiting, my new 535i has finally arrived. I wanted to thank all the posters whose info and advice helped me to spec the car

The final order was a Cashmere Silver 8SAT RWD Sedan with:

Lowered Suspension
Dynamic Dampers
Sport Steering Wheel
Adaptive Headlights
High Beam Assistant
Auto-dip Exterior Mirrors
Lane Change Warning
Reversing Camera
Professional Navigation
Head-Up Display
Hi-Fi Audio
Comfort Access
Comfort Seats
Sunroof
Split-fold Rear Seats
Additional 12V Sockets

A few photos are attached (sorry about the quality).
Attached Images
   
OzDriver is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 01:14 AM   #2
Boulder Bill
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: for fun. Always.
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Colorado

Posts: 213
iTrader: (0)

Sweet. Love the light wood with the Oyster. Had I ordered a car, that is the combination I would have chosen.

Well done and congratulations!

They appear to have erroneously placed your steering wheel.
__________________
2013 F10 550i/6 M-Sport
(retired: 2002 E39 540i/6)
2014 Infiniti QX60 AWD
Boulder Bill is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 01:27 AM   #3
Die Wolfe
First Lieutenant
 
Die Wolfe's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 535i Msport/'13 X5///M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern California

Posts: 381
iTrader: (0)

Is "lowered suspension" an option in BMW Australia or is that what the sport package is called??

Very nice btw!
Die Wolfe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 01:29 AM   #4
OzDriver
Private First Class
 
OzDriver's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 535i & '08 530i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney

Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder Bill View Post
Sweet. Love the light wood with the Oyster. Had I ordered a car, that is the combination I would have chosen.

Well done and congratulations!

They appear to have erroneously placed your steering wheel.
Thanks Bill. Re the steering wheel ... I know, it's terribly inconvenient, but for some reason it's the only way they sell them down here

Last edited by OzDriver; 01-23-2013 at 01:36 AM.
OzDriver is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 01:33 AM   #5
OzDriver
Private First Class
 
OzDriver's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 535i & '08 530i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney

Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Wolfe View Post
Is "lowered suspension" an option in BMW Australia or is that what the sport package is called??

Very nice btw!
They don't call it a sport package, but it comes with the Sports Auto Tx and Sport Steering Wheel. The option number is S230A, called "Extra package, EU-specific, low slung sports suspension".
OzDriver is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #6
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
 
the infamous...'s Avatar
 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

Posts: 17,537
iTrader: (0)

congrats!
__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
the infamous... is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #7
HighlandPete
Brigadier General
 
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Scotland, Highland Region

Posts: 4,308
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzDriver View Post
They don't call it a sport package, but it comes with the Sports Auto Tx and Sport Steering Wheel. The option number is S230A, called "Extra package, EU-specific, low slung sports suspension".
Is that how you can order? Over here in the UK, when you add VDC the M-sport suspension is deleted, you go back to standard suspension ride height, as I read it, when adding VDC (Variable Damping Control). Will have to try a different build to see how it works with the UK SE models.

BTW, love the interior, that would be my first build choice. But can't get that in the M-sport.

HighlandPete
HighlandPete is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #8
OzDriver
Private First Class
 
OzDriver's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 535i & '08 530i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney

Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Is that how you can order? Over here in the UK, when you add VDC the M-sport suspension is deleted, you go back to standard suspension ride height, as I read it, when adding VDC (Variable Damping Control). Will have to try a different build to see how it works with the UK SE models.

BTW, love the interior, that would be my first build choice. But can't get that in the M-sport.

HighlandPete
Not sure, but presumably because the M-Sport suspension involves different dampers. I couldn't see S230A as a selectable option, the dealer just added it and I only found out it was there when I decoded the VIN. Even then I needed one of the forum members to explain what it meant
OzDriver is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #9
Kakalika
Private
 
Kakalika's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 X5 35d
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston TX

Posts: 65
iTrader: (0)

Yaay!!!

Love the light wood.
__________________
RUN FLAT TIRES? NEIN DANKE!
Kakalika is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #10
ATOMBOY
Second Lieutenant
 
ATOMBOY's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 520D
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Taiwan

Posts: 272
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Congratulations!
ATOMBOY is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #11
COBodom
Private
 
COBodom's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 528xi
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: US

Posts: 87
iTrader: (0)

Awesome ride. CONGRATS !!
__________________
Vincent: What's more chickenshit than f&^*ing with a man's automobile? I mean, don't f^%k with another man's vehicle.
Lance:
You don't do it.
Vincent: It's just against the rules.
COBodom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #12
BMWrules7
Major
 
Drives: 2011 750Li, Alpine White
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston Area

Posts: 1,027
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzDriver
After more than 20 weeks of waiting, my new 535i has finally arrived. I wanted to thank all the posters whose info and advice helped me to spec the car

The final order was a Cashmere Silver 8SAT RWD Sedan with:

Lowered Suspension
Dynamic Dampers
Sport Steering Wheel
Adaptive Headlights
High Beam Assistant
Auto-dip Exterior Mirrors
Lane Change Warning
Reversing Camera
Professional Navigation
Head-Up Display
Hi-Fi Audio
Comfort Access
Comfort Seats
Sunroof
Split-fold Rear Seats
Additional 12V Sockets

A few photos are attached (sorry about the quality).
Dude, she is a beauty, but aren't you giving your passengers way too much control?

I mean really, how are you going to drive the car when you don't have any passengers with you to steer the bloody thing?

Perplexed in the USA.
BMWrules7 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #13
OzDriver
Private First Class
 
OzDriver's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 535i & '08 530i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney

Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
Dude, she is a beauty, but aren't you giving your passengers way too much control?

I mean really, how are you going to drive the car when you don't have any passengers with you to steer the bloody thing?

Perplexed in the USA.
It's easy, you just activate the Mirror Image function before you get in. Don't you guys get this feature .... ?
Attached Images
 
OzDriver is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST