2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media TiAg 528i Project Mods
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #23
shehatezme
Private
 
Drives: 2012 F10 528i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 80
iTrader: (0)

LOVE how the car sits. I live in the South Bay but in the City on most weekends. I am contemplating about going 21s. I like the look better but worry about the overall ride. When you say rough, is it like civic on cut springs rough or is it big ruckess in the car when going over pothole kind of rough?

Thanks.
shehatezme is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2013, 02:03 AM   #24
enzeru
is writing a message
 
enzeru's Avatar
 
Drives: F10/GL500
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jakarta

Posts: 146
iTrader: (0)

tastefully modded, well done sir..
enzeru is offline   Indonesia
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 03:51 AM   #25
torino8
Private First Class
 
Drives: 11 F10 528i TiAg
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA - Jakarta, ID

Posts: 165
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shehatezme View Post
LOVE how the car sits. I live in the South Bay but in the City on most weekends. I am contemplating about going 21s. I like the look better but worry about the overall ride. When you say rough, is it like civic on cut springs rough or is it big ruckess in the car when going over pothole kind of rough?

Thanks.
It is rough when you drive along the rough roads that have potholes or typical San Francisco roads, especially like in Financial District, downtown market area, China Town, and Van Ness. But in highway and bumpy roads, the car feels comfortable. I would suggest to go 20" with a thicker profile tires, if you drive a lot around the city. If not, go with 21" imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzeru View Post
tastefully modded, well done sir..
Thank you sir..
torino8 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #26
shehatezme
Private
 
Drives: 2012 F10 528i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 80
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by torino8 View Post
It is rough when you drive along the rough roads that have potholes or typical San Francisco roads, especially like in Financial District, downtown market area, China Town, and Van Ness. But in highway and bumpy roads, the car feels comfortable. I would suggest to go 20" with a thicker profile tires, if you drive a lot around the city. If not, go with 21" imo


Thank you sir..

Saw your ride on Geary yesterday around 6pm. Look fucking sick!
shehatezme is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #27
torino8
Private First Class
 
Drives: 11 F10 528i TiAg
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA - Jakarta, ID

Posts: 165
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shehatezme
Quote:
Originally Posted by torino8 View Post
It is rough when you drive along the rough roads that have potholes or typical San Francisco roads, especially like in Financial District, downtown market area, China Town, and Van Ness. But in highway and bumpy roads, the car feels comfortable. I would suggest to go 20" with a thicker profile tires, if you drive a lot around the city. If not, go with 21" imo


Thank you sir..

Saw your ride on Geary yesterday around 6pm. Look fucking sick!
Really? I was having dinner last night. In which area are u in SF?
torino8 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #28
rammer3
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 528xi
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Where did you get you window wrap from, trying to change mine from chrome.
rammer3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #29
luigimaster24
Captain
 
luigimaster24's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F12 M6 & 2013 F30 335i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego

Posts: 992
iTrader: (5)

Nicely done!!!
luigimaster24 is offline   Mexico
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2013, 02:40 AM   #30
torino8
Private First Class
 
Drives: 11 F10 528i TiAg
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA - Jakarta, ID

Posts: 165
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammer3 View Post
Where did you get you window wrap from, trying to change mine from chrome.
I did them with Don Nguyen, he did great job and has reasonable price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigimaster24 View Post
Nicely done!!!
Thanks!
torino8 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2013, 05:14 AM   #31
KRUZN335
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: F10 535
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,758
iTrader: (10)

So clean! Love it! Sick wheels!
KRUZN335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #32
shehatezme
Private
 
Drives: 2012 F10 528i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 80
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by torino8 View Post
Really? I was having dinner last night. In which area are u in SF?
I thought it was your car rolling down Geary. I was fighting with my girl in her car so I was too distracted to pay 100% attention when you rolled through. lol. I live in the South Bay but in Downtown/Sunset alot. My ride is stock, need to finish up my S2k before I can dump money on the F10.
shehatezme is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 05:27 AM   #33
torino8
Private First Class
 
Drives: 11 F10 528i TiAg
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA - Jakarta, ID

Posts: 165
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shehatezme View Post
I thought it was your car rolling down Geary. I was fighting with my girl in her car so I was too distracted to pay 100% attention when you rolled through. lol. I live in the South Bay but in Downtown/Sunset alot. My ride is stock, need to finish up my S2k before I can dump money on the F10.
Well then I'm waiting for the post of your mods thread! Haha! oh yeah, I'm often around richmond - geary and clement area. U work in San Fran?
torino8 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #34
Alan l.
Brigadier General
 
Alan l.'s Avatar
 
Drives: LCI M-Sport 550i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Coast

Posts: 4,424
iTrader: (8)

Looks awesome.

Honest question - How do those brembo brakes feel compared to stock? I've always had BBK's on my previous cars and while they do look alot nicer not all of them actually improved braking feel and stopping distance. Whats your honest take on them on the F10?

Alan
__________________

2014 LCI 550i M Sport | 3D Design Front Spoiler | BMW Performance Black Grills | BMW Performance Trunk Lip | BMW Performance Diffuser | Painted Reflectors | Wincos 30% Tint | Supersprint Exhaust | ACSSprings | MORR VS8.2 Rims 20x10R and 20x9F | Michelin PSS Tires |||More Photos of my car here|||
Alan l. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2013, 02:47 AM   #35
torino8
Private First Class
 
Drives: 11 F10 528i TiAg
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA - Jakarta, ID

Posts: 165
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Looks awesome.

Honest question - How do those brembo brakes feel compared to stock? I've always had BBK's on my previous cars and while they do look alot nicer not all of them actually improved braking feel and stopping distance. Whats your honest take on them on the F10?

Alan
I would say that the BBK will give significant improvement esp for the big wheels although I don't really feel it when braking.. You will feel the difference once you put them back on stock.
torino8 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST