2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK HELP: Connected Drive problem

06-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
andyrp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 30e

HELP: Connected Drive problem

Noticed a few weeks ago that Google send to car had stopped working; although the Google Maps webpage reported the information had been sent nothing was appearing in the car. Then I realised that in the car I couldn't access BMW Online; every time I tried to access it reported that it was connecting "via device" which it never said previously as I wasn't tethering to a Bluetooth device and data transfer for Bluetooth was disabled.

Thinking maybe my password was the issue I reset my password online for BMW ConnectedDrive and tried in the car again but without success. Just for good measure I tried another 3 or 4 times always with the same end result - after 4 minutes with the display showing "Checking user details" I get a message "Login failed, data connection not possible". This is despite the fact that I have tried this at multiple locations where I know the car has connected previously.

The car was at the BMW dealer today and they could only conclude that the software was stuck in a data transfer; however, when I checked later today there was no active data transfer. The dealer wants the car back again to perform a reinstall of the software in the car but last time that happened I ended up with a loan car for 7 days as the software install kept failing and the dealer ended up replacing the sat nav system.

It appears that the car has lost connectivity to the mobile network. somehow and I don't believe it is software related as the dealer suggests. Has anybody else experienced this?

Also, out of curiosity, where is the SIM card in the car?

Thanks,
Andy
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
ECBMW
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Metallic Grey M Sport

Not experienced that kind of problem but generally i would call up the help line (i called up the bluetooth help line who transferred me through to the correct dept ), explain the problem to see if they can do anything before i go to a dealer.

One other thing i would also try is having a password without any special characters (i.e. $%*& etc) - this caught me out a few years back (although they could have resolved this by now).
Appreciate 0