2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge e90post 08 NBA Playoff Clubhouse

05-11-2008, 10:17 AM   #199
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

Are the celtics really not going to win a road game!?
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #200
///sniper
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F30 [AW/Coral Red]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post
orlando is done for!

cavs are blowing the celts right out of their house
Sad but, true. Thus, why I wanted to play Philly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
Are the celtics really not going to win a road game!?
They don't have to. They have home court advantage in every series. Of course, it'd be in their best interest to close out a series early. However, they're tough to beat at home and if they can keep that up, might as well keep going....
      05-11-2008, 04:55 PM   #201
cm3rc
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Garage List
06 325i  [0.00]
Lakers are in trouble right now...
tsk tsk tsk
      05-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #202
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

yes......kobe done for the series
      05-12-2008, 07:43 AM   #203
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
yes......kobe done for the series
I don't think so...just back spasm as I heard. But I told you utah is hard to beat at home.
      05-12-2008, 08:38 AM   #204
cyba
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: beast

go Lakers
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 01:16 PM   #205
mrwma237
Polytech Trooper
Rep
Drives: 2018 F36 440i Gran Coupe

Phil needs to somehow manage Kobe better esp. during an OT situation such as yesterday.

Obviously Kobe was hurt, why didn't Kobe take himself out? If Kobe resisted, don't you think Phil should step in override the situation? He was what, 1/3 or1/4 in OT where Lakers only put up 5 or 6 shots total?

Lakers lost nonetheless, poor free throw shootings and questionable officiating (Ronny's flagrant 2 foul).
      05-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #206
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

utah has always been hard to beat at home even when jordan played them in the finals.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 01:51 PM   #207
Mo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6

Only reason lakers lost is because Utah had three extra players on their team. The refs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can utah shoot 45 free throws compared to 25 free throw for the lakers. The refs need to be more consistent. In LA Lakers shoot 45 free throws in Utah, the Jazz shoot 45? I guess home court makes you foul less. Lakers should've won yesterday they waisted two opportunities. And all i got to say is if the refs protected kobe the way they did MJ he wouldn't be hurt as much.
      05-12-2008, 03:36 PM   #208
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
Only reason lakers lost is because Utah had three extra players on their team. The refs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can utah shoot 45 free throws compared to 25 free throw for the lakers. The refs need to be more consistent. In LA Lakers shoot 45 free throws in Utah, the Jazz shoot 45? I guess home court makes you foul less. Lakers should've won yesterday they waisted two opportunities. And all i got to say is if the refs protected kobe the way they did MJ he wouldn't be hurt as much.
Well, Its probably more like "playing at home makes you penetrate more." Look at the shot charts. The Jazz were constantly in the paint, and the Lakers were constantly taking jumpshots... thus, the Jazz were getting to the line, and the Lakers weren't.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 05:30 PM   #209
robbensays
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 Space Gray #1

Garage List
2007 E90 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
uh, the home team always get the calls. thats why its home court advantage. i believe it was the same for utah when they were in LA.
SPACE GRAY e90 ║ Full M-Tech Kit ║ 3D Studie Lip ║ CF Trunk Spoiler ║ Vorsteiner Hood ║ Matte Black Grills ║ H&R Sports Springs ║ Blacklines ║ BMW Performance Stripe ║ Nitto Invo Tires ║ Linea Corse Lemans
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 05:35 PM   #210
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwma237 View Post
Phil needs to somehow manage Kobe better esp. during an OT situation such as yesterday.

Obviously Kobe was hurt, why didn't Kobe take himself out? If Kobe resisted, don't you think Phil should step in override the situation? He was what, 1/3 or1/4 in OT where Lakers only put up 5 or 6 shots total?

Lakers lost nonetheless, poor free throw shootings and questionable officiating (Ronny's flagrant 2 foul).
I think you should be looking at the OTHER lakers who were on the floor with kobe. They kind of just handed the ball to him, and expected him to carry them through the entire last 7 minutes of the game. He was obviously in a ton of pain too. But when nobody wants to step up, who else can Phil Jackson go to? They were in a prime position to put themselves up 3-1. That would be dire if they could end the series early seeing how the NO vs SA is going to at least six games. With the extra bit of rest, Kobe could be more effective in the next series. Phil Jackson was just looking out for the long run, and I completely agree with his judgement. The people I would be pissed at would be the four other lakers on the floor. They sort of just stood around and let kobe do EVERYTHING. That's how the jazz were able to collapse on a wounded #24
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 06:32 PM   #211
Mo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I think you should be looking at the OTHER lakers who were on the floor with kobe. They kind of just handed the ball to him, and expected him to carry them through the entire last 7 minutes of the game. He was obviously in a ton of pain too. But when nobody wants to step up, who else can Phil Jackson go to? They were in a prime position to put themselves up 3-1. That would be dire if they could end the series early seeing how the NO vs SA is going to at least six games. With the extra bit of rest, Kobe could be more effective in the next series. Phil Jackson was just looking out for the long run, and I completely agree with his judgement. The people I would be pissed at would be the four other lakers on the floor. They sort of just stood around and let kobe do EVERYTHING. That's how the jazz were able to collapse on a wounded #24
its funny how people turn so much. Last week he's MVP this week he sucks, last week lakers are the best team in the NBA and now Utah will win? Did people really think they were going to get swept? Utah is good team. Plus do people forget kobe has a dead pinky, tendinous in his knee, and now a bad back? How back the other 5 lakers on that team that waste space? Radmonvic sucks, Farmar suck, Mbenga pointless, Mihm has the best life no work just pay, and Newble is pointless pickup... The lakers are good but still a lot of flaws..
      05-12-2008, 07:10 PM   #212
mrwma237
Polytech Trooper
Rep

Quote:
Sigh...

Yes, this team is built around Kobe. Yes, the ball goes to Kobe during clutch time. Yes he carried the team through the last 7 minutes, shit, he carried the whole team this whole year. However, if you're hurt, and if you have room to rest for upcoming games, wouldn't you consider play your 4 other guys more?
You sort of contradicted yourself there with your advice on Kobe getting more rest where he would then perform better. That emphasize my point even more, why send him (Phil) out there during OT? You can say that Kobe knows his body more than a coach would, then I'd ask, why didn't he just setup plays where he would dish it off for an assist? Better yet, why not just sit down and REST like you said? I'd rather see him healthy for the rest of the post season than risk it for 1 game in Utah. Just like you said, Utah is hard to beat at home, shouldn't he had justified the risk & return? You act as if I think Mr. MVP is overrated. You talk as if the rest of the team is lazy. Lakers are dominant because of their defense, and of course they have the best offensive tool in the league. Please...4 other guys standing around for Kobe to do something is not because they're waiting on him to win it for them, trust me, they too want the glory as well. They just respect Kobe enough for Kobe to make the best decisions for the team. In my opinion, he could've chose to run different plays during the last stretch.

Quote:
its funny how people turn so much. Last week he's MVP this week he sucks, last week lakers are the best team in the NBA and now Utah will win? Did people really think they were going to get swept? Utah is good team. Plus do people forget kobe has a dead pinky, tendinous in his knee, and now a bad back? How back the other 5 lakers on that team that waste space? Radmonvic sucks, Farmar suck, Mbenga pointless, Mihm has the best life no work just pay, and Newble is pointless pickup... The lakers are good but still a lot of flaws..
I searched around and I don't see many posting about Kobe sucking. Hmm..

Sure Vladi can shoot better, Farmar suck? Wow, I think many would agree that he's one of the better 2nd string rookies of the year. Ranked 15 in 3point field goals during reg. season, ranked 23 in steals during reg. season. For Less than $1.5M a year and a rookie, I think Farmar is a bonus for Lakers. Mbenga serves its purposes. Mihm has like a metal bar in his ankle, did he even play? What do you want, a Dream Team for LA? What are you talking about....?? Everyone serve a purpose, they're not flaws.
      05-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #213
SpecC
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwma237 View Post
Sigh...

Yes, this team is built around Kobe. Yes, the ball goes to Kobe during clutch time. Yes he carried the team through the last 7 minutes, shit, he carried the whole team this whole year. However, if you're hurt, and if you have room to rest for upcoming games, wouldn't you consider play your 4 other guys more?
You sort of contradicted yourself there with your advice on Kobe getting more rest where he would then perform better. That emphasize my point even more, why send him (Phil) out there during OT? You can say that Kobe knows his body more than a coach would, then I'd ask, why didn't he just setup plays where he would dish it off for an assist? Better yet, why not just sit down and REST like you said? I'd rather see him healthy for the rest of the post season than risk it for 1 game in Utah. Just like you said, Utah is hard to beat at home, shouldn't he had justified the risk & return? You act as if I think Mr. MVP is overrated. You talk as if the rest of the team is lazy. Lakers are dominant because of their defense, and of course they have the best offensive tool in the league. Please...4 other guys standing around for Kobe to do something is not because they're waiting on him to win it for them, trust me, they too want the glory as well. They just respect Kobe enough for Kobe to make the best decisions for the team. In my opinion, he could've chose to run different plays during the last stretch.
I think you've misunderstood me a little bit. Let me elaborate on why I agree with Phil Jackson playing Kobe for the last stretch.

Lakers were in a good position to steal a game away from the Jazz on their home court. They were in it the entire end of the game, and Kobe is THE closer of all closers (maybe not T-mac on a good night haha). If the Lakers won the game and were up 3-1, Kobe would've been the talk of the nation for today! Also, whether he played or not those last few minutes would not have rewinded his injury. Those take longer than a few days to heal. Just look at T-mac's recent career.

So, I'm saying that if they had won the game, they could in a very good position for the next game, at home closing out. If they had won the series 4-1. Kobe would have a lot more time to rest his injuries because NA vs SA is going to 6 at the very least. Now, LA and Utah are going to 6 too, so the rest period is severely decreased. I'm just agreeing with Phil taking the gamble on Kobe. He's had a player who's played through something like that before... MJ with the flu. I think Jackson was assuming they were going to win the series, and he was just preparing for the next.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 02:04 PM   #214
Mo
First Lieutenant
Rep

I searched around and I don't see many posting about Kobe sucking. Hmm..

Sure Vladi can shoot better, Farmar suck? Wow, I think many would agree that he's one of the better 2nd string rookies of the year. Ranked 15 in 3point field goals during reg. season, ranked 23 in steals during reg. season. For Less than $1.5M a year and a rookie, I think Farmar is a bonus for Lakers. Mbenga serves its purposes. Mihm has like a metal bar in his ankle, did he even play? What do you want, a Dream Team for LA? What are you talking about....?? Everyone serve a purpose, they're not flaws.[/QUOTE]

What you don't get is that all year the bench has been a big reason why the lakers were so good and now the only player that has been consistent is Vujacic. Sure farmar is not a bad player but he seems to be a playoff choker which no team needs. Vlad, needs to be more consistent as well he has a good potential but he just seems lazy or he doesn't care. All im saying is Kobe will be Kobe in game 5, The bench needs to step up and provide a spark because if lakers loose game 5 its all over.
      05-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #215
mrwma237
Polytech Trooper
Rep

Quote:
What you don't get is that all year the bench has been a big reason why the lakers were so good and now the only player that has been consistent is Vujacic. Sure farmar is not a bad player but he seems to be a playoff choker which no team needs. Vlad, needs to be more consistent as well he has a good potential but he just seems lazy or he doesn't care. All im saying is Kobe will be Kobe in game 5, The bench needs to step up and provide a spark because if lakers loose game 5 its all over.
Oh I definitely get why Lakers were good this year. I actually look at the dynamics of the whole team.

I just didn't agree with you on saying that the Lakers bench suck, pointless, and are flaws. What you're saying now is different from that you said earlier, so I guess you changed your opinion about the Lakers bench overnight.

As far as Farmar is concerned, yeah, I agree, he hasn't been performing well lately. I can think of only 1 good reason, and it's that he is a rookie! Have you forgotten Kobe's three 3point airballs vs. Jazz in '98 (forgot the year)? Sasha has been more consistent that the rest of the bench, true, but he's also gotten more minutes than others as well. Let's not forget about his turnover ratios too.

I agree with your last point that the bench needs to step up or else game 5 will be disatrous. I am confident that our boys do it right.
      05-13-2008, 03:45 PM   #216
3onDubs
You live by the sword...
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
The lakers bench is a major reason why LA finished in the #1 spot for the west in the regular season.

Whoever says otherwise has obviously not followed the lakers progression throughout the season.

With that said, in this series, the bench hasn't really stepped up (with the exception of Ronnie and Sasha). Whatever the reason maybe, they should be getting their act together soon, especially in the face of all the criticism that's been thrown around lately.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 12:32 AM   #217
S65B40
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3/AW F87 M2

Garage List
CP3 is the man!!! I would definitely love to see a different team rather than Lakers or Spurs make it to the finals. Let it be the Hornets or the Jazz.
      05-14-2008, 12:37 AM   #218
SpecC
Rep

i really want to see utah vs new orleans because they are so similar but i am still rooting for the spurs and lakers!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 12:42 AM   #219
E92 maniac
LURKER
United_States
Rep
Drives: CAUTIOUSLY

hornets will be wrapping things up in SA. as of the jazz and lakers series, i am seeing a game 7 on the way.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 09:22 AM   #220
3onDubs
You live by the sword...
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
I see a game 7 for New Orleans....they'll win it at home
Appreciate 0