2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Wrong FSC code

12-25-2021, 12:11 PM   #1
YodaCode
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Wrong FSC code

Hello, I hope you all are having happy holidays.

I have acquired an Enet cable few days ago and started looking into how to work with Esys. While it looks quite overwhelming at the first sight I figured updating maps would be a good first thing to do as it didn't look that hard.

So, hands on, I have downloaded the EU East NEXT 01-2021 maps from this thread:
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1779342 and put that into a 64GB USB formatted as FAT32

Then went and exported my FSC via Esys (attached in a zip file) and attempted to calculate my FSC code based on some tutorials I have found online.

The first thing was to obtain the MapCode and YearCode so the FSC generator can get me a proper activation code.

For that I have followed the procedure found on this post: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=1003 and after opening the Info_Map.imp with a Hex Editor I have found that I should use 0xA9 as MapCode and 0x50 as region code.

This seems to be confirmed by shawnsheridan in this post which is asking for the same information about the same map and year: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=5861

So, with all the information in hand, I generated the FSC code with the following information:

Code:
fsc DE.fsc 0xA9 0x50 D263910
Where DE.fsc is the name of the file I have used when exported the FSC from Esys, 0xA9 being the map code, 0x50 being the region code and finally D263910 being the last 7 characters of my vehicle VIN.

I have obtained the following FSC code: 56FCZ6Y3B4PZSAFJABIA

With all of this in hands, I went to my car, put the USB in, waited for the updated, everything went on without problems but few minutes after the update when I started driving my car, the FSC enter screen showed up.

I've typed the code above and unfortunately it said it is wrong.

Then I have tried multiple times to make sure I have done all the steps properly but I always get the same code.

One thing I have noticed it the tool I have used to generate the FSC is that the output says "MAP FSC for ???: ...."

But if I used some map and region codes from US it says: "MAP FSC for North America: ...".

So it looks like it does not really recognize my map code but I don't know if that has any importance at all.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post. I really did not wanted to come and beg for somebody to get me a code but rather understand what went wrong with my process.

Thanks you!
Attached Files
File Type: zip DE.zip (465 Bytes, 64 views)
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 12:36 PM   #2
YodaCode
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

I hate when this happens but just after writing this post I have found another generator (I've tried a few before writing the post above) which generated me a different code that seems to work.

I have tried archiving or deleting the post to avoid spamming the forums with unnecessary posts but I don't think I have the option to do that.

For the record, I have used the generator made by Jagaer, in case you are in the same situation. It even has options for permanent activations (not sure if those work).
Appreciate 0