2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum BMW F11 Boot rattle noise

08-02-2023, 02:46 PM   #1
yo2002
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

BMW F11 Boot rattle noise

Hello,

I have an issue with a BMW F11 which is creating some rattling noise from the boot lid latch. The tailgate is not automatic but does have a softclose latch. If i open the window and then open and close the trunk lid and look inside at the place where it should latch, I see that the soft close pulls the lid but then it releases it. Is this the normal behaviour to slowly pull it and then release it a bit or should it just pull it and keep it like that? If I pull the lid when it is closed, it makes a similar noise to the rattle itself, like it is not closed properly. This only happens sometimes and it is completely random, meaning that it can happen while driving, not by opening and closing the lid. When it does happen, it rattles all the time, like even when going in reverse, not only when hitting bumps or so. Could someone with a similar model have a look if it also pulls and releases the lid when closing it ? Or if someone else had this issue, how can I get this fixed? It is very annoying.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0