2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Armrest USB Port

05-17-2021, 03:50 PM   #23
Trian
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i M-Sport

Go take a test drive of a for-sale car, and take your phone & cords.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 08:48 PM   #24
Baraa
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535I

Sorry to re-revive this thread, however I’m experiencing the same symptoms as OP (phone erratically connecting and disconnecting as seen in the battery symbol). I went through 4 different (iPhone) chargers 2 Used OEM Apple ones, 1 Brand new Apple Oem charger, and one off brand charger. Everything besides the brand new Apple charger out of the box has not been able to connect to my NBT Headunit (F10). The brand new OEM Apple charger lasted effectively a week before it started to connect and disconnect my phone erratically. I can see it changing the battery symbol in the top left of my screen. Only way to get it to fully stay connected is to push forward or backwards charger at the base of the male end of the charger forwards until the car recognizes the phone and then I can let go and listen to music. However if it disconnects I have to repeat the process again Also noticed it doesn’t really charge the phone very well (not sure if this is part of the issue or due to the crappy charge speed of these OLD USB ports). I’ve upgraded my phone a couple times and this was consistent across all the phones and across different iOS versions (iPhone 6 -> iPhone 11 -> iPhone 12 Pro -> iPhone 13 Pro). The issue was even persistent after resetting/ coding the head unit so it’s not a software issue either. This leads me to believe that my issue, alongside OP’s issue may be some contact issue within the USB Female end within the glovebox? Any pointers before I try to rip the board out and begin to replace or solder? Also OP, did you fix this issue?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2024, 09:54 AM   #25
zrile
Private First Class
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 320xd

It's car usb port issue. Few $ and solve yourself problems. Plug and play.
Appreciate 0