2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications G Plus Intercooler Install DIY

04-07-2020, 06:38 PM   #67
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Appreciate it guys! Thinking about doing this next
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 06:45 PM   #68
etnsandman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 Competition

I have less than 50 miles on mine but it feels strong and is leaking free so far. I have to go to work Thursday which takes be by my ethanol station. I bet the E30 map will be bonkers. So glad I finally pulled the trigger on the Gplus before it really starts to warm up.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2020, 11:10 AM   #69
BimmerHausPerformance
Major
Rep
Drives: F10 S55, E93 M3, E89 N54

Garage List
2012 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2011 BMW 535i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by etnsandman View Post
I have less than 50 miles on mine but it feels strong and is leaking free so far. I have to go to work Thursday which takes be by my ethanol station. I bet the E30 map will be bonkers. So glad I finally pulled the trigger on the Gplus before it really starts to warm up.
Hey - you are in maryville! I'm in Chattanooga. nice!

What do you have that allows you to run e30, or are you just doing that on stock components?

2011 F10 S55 6MT
Website Insta @bimmerhausperformance YouTube
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 09:52 PM   #70
InHousePerformance
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i

Garage List
2018 Ford F150  [0.00]
2015 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowBMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etnsandman View Post
Hey - you are in maryville! I'm in Chattanooga. nice!

What do you have that allows you to run e30, or are you just doing that on stock components?
BootMod3 has an E30 Flash tune for our cars and that can be ran with stock hpfp and lpfp. But to run that tune you need intake. Catless downpipe, full exhaust with charge pipe and intercooler!
Dorch Stage 2 HPFP
E50 tune by Cary Jordan
EOS EkP Module
Walbro 525 LPFP
Variant Argon 20? Wheels

E60 M550i Sold
“Im a crazy car guy”
If it has a motor, it has my attention
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 09:48 AM   #71
MOBF10
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp

Ordered my gplus intercooler yesterday. Can't wait to install especially since my vrsf downpipe just went on yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 01:12 PM   #72
CanadianTSi
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 535 xDrive Diesel

Best place to order this from for a Canadian?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 01:36 PM   #73
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianTSi View Post
Best place to order this from for a Canadian?
Probably still eBay
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 10:57 PM   #74
Themarkymark
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 Imperial Blue 535i xDrive

Just saw the lowest price listing I was watching had 1 left in stock so I put my order in. Excited for it to arrive. I’ll be doing DP, CP and this in one shot; stoked to go stage 1 to 2+.
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2020, 07:38 AM   #75
95blkmax
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 535 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themarkymark View Post
Just saw the lowest price listing I was watching had 1 left in stock so I put my order in. Excited for it to arrive. I’ll be doing DP, CP and this in one shot; stoked to go stage 1 to 2+.
HECK YES. whole different car
      04-29-2020, 09:52 AM   #76
labenzm5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E39 m5

Quote:
Let me know how the install goes.... I'm in westlake and was thinking about doing this as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 10:11 AM   #77
Themarkymark
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by labenzm5 View Post
Let me know how the install goes.... I'm in westlake and was thinking about doing this as well.
For sure. I’m in Rocky River, neighbor! I’m taking my car in for bodywork early next week (M Sport front bumper, lip, hood repaint, and respray a door a detailer ruined).

So assuming I have the car back late next week I’ll probably have it done by the weekend. I wonder if we have seen each other around! I’m about to PM you a pic of my car.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 07:36 PM   #78
top ramen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Schwarz II 535i

After a year of purchasing this Gplus intercooler I finally had the chance of installing it today. Like what everyone says, it's a tight fit and a PITA to install. Wouldn't want to do another install. Ran into a few issues like having a hard time undoing the driver side lock collar. Whenever I undo one side the other side slips back in. So I recommend using two flat head to undo them at the same time. I thought sliding out the stock intercooler was going to be easy because it came out halfway but I was wrong. The other half got stuck so bad that when trying to wiggle it out I dented up the back my ac condenser pretty bad but I think it should be okay but only time could tell.

When installing start with the driver side first since the oil cooler line runs there. Get the intercooler up and around the cooler line then slowly maneuver it up halfway then move to the passenger side and slide it in halfway until both side are about even. Place a jack under the passenger side to support it while getting the other half of the driver side up. Once the driver side is fully in place I used the jack to slowly jacked the passenger side into place. Sliding the chargepipes back onto intercooler was a pain, I fought with it for 30 minutes and decided to take off the radiator fan. Once I took of the fan it literally took me 20 seconds to wiggle both side on from the top.

So like in the previous post I highly recommend removing the radiator fan first to give you room to work. I would rather install suspension any day than doing intercooler installation.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 08:41 PM   #79
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by top ramen View Post
After a year of purchasing this Gplus intercooler I finally had the chance of installing it today. Like what everyone says, it's a tight fit and a PITA to install. Wouldn't want to do another install. Ran into a few issues like having a hard time undoing the driver side lock collar. Whenever I undo one side the other side slips back in. So I recommend using two flat head to undo them at the same time. I thought sliding out the stock intercooler was going to be easy because it came out halfway but I was wrong. The other half got stuck so bad that when trying to wiggle it out I dented up the back my ac condenser pretty bad but I think it should be okay but only time could tell.

When installing start with the driver side first since the oil cooler line runs there. Get the intercooler up and around the cooler line then slowly maneuver it up halfway then move to the passenger side and slide it in halfway until both side are about even. Place a jack under the passenger side to support it while getting the other half of the driver side up. Once the driver side is fully in place I used the jack to slowly jacked the passenger side into place. Sliding the chargepipes back onto intercooler was a pain, I fought with it for 30 minutes and decided to take off the radiator fan. Once I took of the fan it literally took me 20 seconds to wiggle both side on from the top.

So like in the previous post I highly recommend removing the radiator fan first to give you room to work. I would rather install suspension any day than doing intercooler installation.
Honestly the mistake here was not removing the radiator fan. It makes it a thousand times easier, and you can actually pull from the top as well with it out.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 09:24 PM   #80
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by labenzm5 View Post
Quote:
For sure. I’m in Rocky River, neighbor! I’m taking my car in for bodywork early next week (M Sport front bumper, lip, hood repaint, and respray a door a detailer ruined).

So assuming I have the car back late next week I’ll probably have it done by the weekend. I wonder if we have seen each other around! I’m about to PM you a pic of my car.
Oh shoot I'm in Monclova suburbs of Toledo! I thought it was me and Burrninja out here in OH. We need a get together when this Corona is all done and over with!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 09:29 PM   #81
top ramen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Schwarz II 535i

You are right and I could 100% agree. Not taking out the radiator fan first was my mistake. I thought I could do it without removing it until trying to install the chargepipes onto the intercooler. Once you remove the radiator fan the driver side chargepipe moves freely because the chargepipe is held onto the radiator fan with a t25 screw.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 01:16 PM   #82
Themarkymark
Private
Rep

I just finished installing the GPlus. Definitely a tight fit, but nothing crazy, I didn’t remove the radiator fan. My best advice is to get the driver side just up and over the oil line first, then work both sides up together. My passenger side inlet was very snug against the subframe but just wiggle it up.

As for the hoses, I found it easiest to grab the hose with my right hand as I hold the inlet/outlet on the IC with my left hand and maneuver them to mate.
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2020, 10:31 PM   #83
MOBF10
Captain
Rep

Installed my gplus two day ago and I've definitely noticed more consistent IATs and definitely not as high anymore either. Install was easy and I did it by myself. Hardest part was getting the piping to fit back onto the intercooler. If you have big hands you're SOL. Took me about two hours by myself.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2020, 03:29 AM   #84
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBF10 View Post
Installed my gplus two day ago and I've definitely noticed more consistent IATs and definitely not as high anymore either. Install was easy and I did it by myself. Hardest part was getting the piping to fit back onto the intercooler. If you have big hands you're SOL. Took me about two hours by myself.
Awesome! What's the difference between MHD's stage 2 and 2+? Is it necessary to run an IC?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 12:22 PM   #85
MOBF10
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Awesome! What's the difference between MHD's stage 2 and 2+? Is it necessary to run an IC?
It is stated on the requirements that you need a better IC. The only difference I believe is you're running more boost.
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2020, 05:51 PM   #86
dzz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi, MHD Stage 2+

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBF10 View Post
It is stated on the requirements that you need a better IC. The only difference I believe is you're running more boost.
I got Gplus intercooler installed about 6 months ago, it is great. I am not sure that there is significant difference in performance between more expensive intercoolers and Gplus.

MHD stage 2+ needs better chargepipe, intercooler and less restrictive downpipe.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 07:40 PM   #87
MaximumFreckles
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535i Msport

Anyone happen to have the bracket dimensions, or that have not installed it yet and can take measurements for me. I purchased an open box unit but it did not have the brackets unfortunately. I know some people have just fabbed some up. I would like to do so before I get around to installing it.

Going Stage 2+ this week. Got my DP, IC, and will upgrade software. Can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 08:39 AM   #88
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumFreckles View Post
Anyone happen to have the bracket dimensions, or that have not installed it yet and can take measurements for me. I purchased an open box unit but it did not have the brackets unfortunately. I know some people have just fabbed some up. I would like to do so before I get around to installing it.

Going Stage 2+ this week. Got my DP, IC, and will upgrade software. Can't wait!
Is it the Gplus IC but didn't come with the brackets? Wondering if you can order the brackets separate? I would contact them
Appreciate 0