2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) 2014 LCI 5 series, share you order!

07-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #111
Donser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10

I supposedly had a week 28 production or a July 9 production date according to my SA when I spoke with him last Friday. According to others on the forum, production is typically 8 days long. I just finished talking with BMW customer service agent and they advised me that the vehicle is now "in transit." Does this make sense? 4 days? I tried to clarify if this meant in transit to Bremerhaven Port, in transit on a ship, or other. I was told no further info is available. Frustrating! Can anyone please shed some light based on previous experience?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #112
Brooksley
Rep
Drives: 07 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donser View Post
I supposedly had a week 28 production or a July 9 production date according to my SA when I spoke with him last Friday. According to others on the forum, production is typically 8 days long. I just finished talking with BMW customer service agent and they advised me that the vehicle is now "in transit." Does this make sense? 4 days? I tried to clarify if this meant in transit to Bremerhaven Port, in transit on a ship, or other. I was told no further info is available. Frustrating! Can anyone please shed some light based on previous experience?
I think the best contact here would be your client advisor at the dealership where you ordered the car. Ask them to get an update from the production manager of the status of your order (their system is much more detailed than what is online, on the phone or available to the customer service reps on the phone). What exactly is the message when you call the hotline and type in your production number? I may be able to shed some light based on that.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #113
Donser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

No hotline or website tracking available in Canada. The only 2 option for me to track is by calling BMW and talking to a curtomer service agent or the dealership's SA or SM. Both are worthless tools IMO. All I can get from the agent is the vehicle is in transit. The SA I will contact tomorrow and hope for a clearer answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksley View Post
I think the best contact here would be your client advisor at the dealership where you ordered the car. Ask them to get an update from the production manager of the status of your order (their system is much more detailed than what is online, on the phone or available to the customer service reps on the phone). What exactly is the message when you call the hotline and type in your production number? I may be able to shed some light based on that.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #114
Heavy right foot
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i

Quote:
Any updates on your production? I'm not getting anything from my SA...

Congrats to everyone who's vehicles have shipped. Happy maritime tracking! Isn't technology great.... Feeds everyone's OCD tendencies to the max. I can't wait for mine to ship. Does the California Highway port in Halifax?

Not sure but it is currently headed from Southampton to Baltimore...
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #115
Heavy right foot
Enlisted Member
Rep

My guess is in transit to the port. My car was completed on 7/1 and just got on a ship two days ago so if yours was built 7/9 I would doubt it got to port (2 days) and got on a ship in 3 days.....
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #116
Donser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

That would be my guess as well... Looks like the Cali Hwy bypasses Halifax so my vehicle could not have been on this boat. I'll start researching up coming departures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy right foot View Post
My guess is in transit to the port. My car was completed on 7/1 and just got on a ship two days ago so if yours was built 7/9 I would doubt it got to port (2 days) and got on a ship in 3 days.....
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #117
Donser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Liberty just left port this evening around 10:30 pm local Bremerhaven time. I'm not sure if my vehicle made it on as it arrived Bremerhaven Port on Friday or Saturday. Waiting to hear from my SA for confirmation. If I made it on, my car should arrive at the port of Halifax by the 29th of July. If not, I should be on the next ship, Fedora, leaving Bremerhaven on the 25th of July and arriving on the 6th of August. Any other week 28ers make the Liberty?

Last edited by Donser; 07-15-2013 at 09:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #118
Heavy right foot
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBT View Post
California Highway

Here's the link...

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=352732000
Spoke to my SA today, either I am not on California highway or we have different arrival dates because he told me my ship will be in port 7/24..just FYI I know every day is agonizing
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #119
Donser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I made it on the Liberty!

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...mmsi=538004302

Quote:
Liberty just left port this evening around 10:30 pm local Bremerhaven time. I'm not sure if my vehicle made it on as it arrived Bremerhaven Port on Friday or Saturday. Waiting to hear from my SA for confirmation. If I made it on, my car should arrive at the port of Halifax by the 29th of July. If not, I should be on the next ship, Fedora, leaving Bremerhaven on the 25th of July and arriving on the 6th of August. Any other week 28ers make the Liberty?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #120
Atl550
Private
Rep

Quote:
Spoke to my SA today, either I am not on California highway or we have different arrival dates because he told me my ship will be in port 7/24..just FYI I know every day is agonizing
You can't be on California Highway then because it stops at Baltimore on 7/21 and then at Charleston, SC on 7/26. What port is he referring to for a 7/24 stop? My SA sent me the screen shot and it had all the info on it (ship, port, and arrival date). Not sure how he can tell you arrival date and not be able to tell you exactly what ship your car is on. Ask him to send you the info and see what he comes back with.

And yes, every day is killing me! They say 7-14 days estimated after the ship arrives to take delivery. At worse case (14 days), that puts me at a pick up date of 8/9 (3.5 weeks). Not sure how I'm going to make it.

Last edited by Atl550; 07-16-2013 at 09:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #121
Atl550
Private
Rep

Quote:
Fantastic Donser!! It just became a little more real.

Now, welcome to the club of watching that little green dot move 1/4 an inch each day and feel like you could drive that darn ship a heck of a lot faster then it's current captain! I'm sure he's doing a great job but it is very painful to watch!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #122
Donser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Hahaha! I think I've checked that green dot a few times this afternoon and it's not moving. It arrived just a few miles outside the Zeebrugge Port a full day ahead of schedule. She seems to be circling.

Quote:
Fantastic Donser!! It just became a little more real.

Now, welcome to the club of watching that little green dot move 1/4 an inch each day and feel like you could drive that darn ship a heck of a lot faster then it's current captain! I'm sure he's doing a great job but it is very painful to watch!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #123
Donser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Have you guys been able to track shipment on the shipping company's site? I was able to confirm using the last 7 digits of my VIN.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #124
Atl550
Private
Rep

Quote:
Have you guys been able to track shipment on the shipping company's site? I was able to confirm using the last 7 digits of my VIN.
I didn't even try that since my SA sent me the screen shot of the ship it was on. I'll see if I can hunt that down.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #125
Donser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

According to Marinetraffic website the ship left port @ 22:30. According to the shipper's record the vehicle was received @ 22:19:42. Barely made it.

Quote:
I didn't even try that since my SA sent me the screen shot of the ship it was on. I'll see if I can hunt that down.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #126
Grumpy514
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3X

Garage List
My SA just gave me my VIN number today, I believe it is still at the port waiting on shipment? Any other ways to confirm this other than the BMW website?

***EDIT.

Just found the link. http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=759446

In the email my SA sent to me the status code was: 193- 193 Arrived at Port of Exit
This seems to be the time where these cars get hung up for a week or two waiting on a ship. How do I go about finding out what ship it will be on?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #127
Donser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I checked the shipping schedules from WW and NYK Line. I also scoped out the marine traffic website to see which ships are docked at port. I was told most priority 1 vehicles (sold vehicle) get on next ship. Once vehicle is received by the shipping company, you should be able to track your vehicle using the last 7 digits of your VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy514 View Post
My SA just gave me my VIN number today, I believe it is still at the port waiting on shipment? Any other ways to confirm this other than the BMW website?

***EDIT.

Just found the link. http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=759446

In the email my SA sent to me the status code was: 193- 193 Arrived at Port of Exit
This seems to be the time where these cars get hung up for a week or two waiting on a ship. How do I go about finding out what ship it will be on?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #128
Brooksley
Rep

Quote:
You can't be on California Highway then because it stops at Baltimore on 7/21 and then at Charleston, SC on 7/26. What port is he referring to for a 7/24 stop? My SA sent me the screen shot and it had all the info on it (ship, port, and arrival date). Not sure how he can tell you arrival date and not be able to tell you exactly what ship your car is on. Ask him to send you the info and see what he comes back with.

And yes, every day is killing me! They say 7-14 days estimated after the ship arrives to take delivery. At worse case (14 days), that puts me at a pick up date of 8/9 (3.5 weeks). Not sure how I'm going to make it.
He may be referring to the Brunswick, GA port. My car is on the California Highway and is due at the Brunswick port on 7/24. If you look at the schedule here you'll see it stops in Brunswick before heading to SC: http://www.kline.com/KAMCarCarrier/S...g_Schedule.pdf .
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #129
Heavy right foot
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

I actually called him because I wanted to make sure he specified high performance summer tires. When I talked to him on the phone he said my boat "docks on the 24th" but he didn't say where. I think I will remain blissfully ignorant, because if I did know which ship it was I would waste too much time tracking it (which is useless because it will be stuck at the port for EPA for a few days anyway)

My only solace is I just got back from 2 weeks vacation and haven't driven my 335is for that time, so it has been nice to get back in it, row the gears for 3 more weeks and then on to the F10....in other words I am trying to distract myself.

What can I say it is a bit pathetic but I am a car guy!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #130
Heavy right foot
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksley View Post
He may be referring to the Brunswick, GA port. My car is on the California Highway and is due at the Brunswick port on 7/24. If you look at the schedule here you'll see it stops in Brunswick before heading to SC: http://www.kline.com/KAMCarCarrier/S...g_Schedule.pdf .
Great back to a life of tracking ships..A related question, when I try to track CH it says out of range so there has been no position update for 2 days. Am I tracking it wrong?

Also DBT there is no VDC in Charleston that I am aware of so your car is likely headed to Brunswick. Obviously I could be wrong (you said you have the vehicle inquiry report)...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #131
Brooksley
Rep

Yeah CA Highway has been out of range for a few days. It might pop back up near the east coast in another day or two. It doesn't look like this ship participates in the sailwx tracking, so I think we're stuck waiting until it gets back into AIS range.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #132
Donser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I thought I read somewhere that EPA testing has been done already for the 550 which is the only model with changes in egine outputs.

Quote:
I actually called him because I wanted to make sure he specified high performance summer tires. When I talked to him on the phone he said my boat "docks on the 24th" but he didn't say where. I think I will remain blissfully ignorant, because if I did know which ship it was I would waste too much time tracking it (which is useless because it will be stuck at the port for EPA for a few days anyway)

My only solace is I just got back from 2 weeks vacation and haven't driven my 335is for that time, so it has been nice to get back in it, row the gears for 3 more weeks and then on to the F10....in other words I am trying to distract myself.

What can I say it is a bit pathetic but I am a car guy!
Appreciate 0