2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Connectivity problems

02-02-2015, 06:57 AM   #1
delvek
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i Msport

Connectivity problems

So, bit frustrated with my 2014 550i. I had a 2011 550i and always struggled with the ability to utilize all the feature of my iphone through idrive and unless I am missing something, am completely shocked that BMW hasnt progressed.

I fumbled through the multi-step process of connecting my phone to a usb, then making my way through the idrive to connecteddrive, then selecting Pandora and music begins. I then hit the home button on my iphone to move over to Waze (navigation app) and Pandora shuts off. I do this again then realize, low and behold, BMW connected app will not let me do anything else on my iphone if I am using Pandora.

Please tell me I am missing something as this is easily achieved in cars half the cost of my BMW all day, every day.
      02-03-2015, 05:51 AM   #2
delvek
Major
Germany
Rep

Any suggestions for a work around for playing Pandora and using Waze or Pandora and any app that isnt supported by BMWconnect at the same time?
      02-03-2015, 11:55 AM   #3
4MULA_1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i

I have the same issue, the way I got around it was by keeping my work phone in the car at all times, I got the iPhone 5S snap in adapter and the phone is in there all the time. I know this isn't a feasible solution for everyone, but since I hardly used that phone I found a use for it.

Its so dumb that I can't send a message (while at a red light) if my device is connected to play the online radio.

I also use find my iPhone to locate the car anytime since the stupid BMW remote app will only show you your cars location if its 1km/ .6 Mile away for "privacy reasons"

Quote:
Originally Posted by delvek View Post
So, bit frustrated with my 2014 550i. I had a 2011 550i and always struggled with the ability to utilize all the feature of my iphone through idrive and unless I am missing something, am completely shocked that BMW hasnt progressed.

I fumbled through the multi-step process of connecting my phone to a usb, then making my way through the idrive to connecteddrive, then selecting Pandora and music begins. I then hit the home button on my iphone to move over to Waze (navigation app) and Pandora shuts off. I do this again then realize, low and behold, BMW connected app will not let me do anything else on my iphone if I am using Pandora.

Please tell me I am missing something as this is easily achieved in cars half the cost of my BMW all day, every day.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 05:55 AM   #4
delvek
Major
Germany
Rep

Thanks, its a good option although a bit archaic if you have another iphone.

I am going to play around with it this weekend and see if there is a way, pretty frustrating.