2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Ipad Travel & comfort system

01-30-2015, 03:25 AM   #23
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover432 View Post
Seems like a reasonable approach. We all have to do the best we can. We kept our kids rear facing until they would no longer fit. We drive the safest cars we can find and use the most robust car seats made. My wife was T Boned by a motorcycle that hit the rear door of the car where my daughter was sitting. The door got a healthy dent, window shattered but my daughter's head was protected by the side head bolster.
Thanks God all ok for your daughter, it is down to doing our best and hope for the best too!

I am considering the IPad option to avoid any distraction when driving, I know between me and my wife a difference exist, i.e. I am fare more disreced by noises in the car and kids arguing in the back compare to her, having the baby with visual contact due to rear facing position make it worst form e when driving, the iPad help my focus on the road, my wife for instance is far less worried of having the kids busy when in the car as she is not sensitive to other noises and all like I am!

Our kids are the 1st generation exposed to this quantity of videos/digital hence hard one to debate, never the less form my own experience as an IT professional I do know the digital revolution can be very dangerous especially on how lazy our brains are shaping up with all the tools we have, just like the calculator impacted the way we use our brain for basic maths!

I believe a book is far better than a movie because my kid will add their own version to the story using their imagination on top of the story, but will still think a movie after reading the book can benefit them!

Apart from long road trips, only likely one every 2 or 3 months, I rather my kids look out the window and use their imagination, at this young age it is the best asset they have, like when playing outside in the garden it is proven that the more toys they have the less they learn to explore and be creative by doing with what’s in the garden like branches and all add some imagination to it and they off to a good time!

I guess moderation is the key to this, striking a good balance, not an easy one for sure! because at the same time we do not want our kids to be left behind when down to the digital world too.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 10:18 PM   #24
mpress
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 gt 550

if you want remember you can power them from the trunk!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 09:01 AM   #25
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpress View Post
if you want remember you can power them from the trunk!!!
Not an option with my f10 as the back seat do not fold, I thought paying 600 Euros for that was crasy knowing we have the X3 for practicality, but since all our family journey are with X3 it may be just the solution, I need to check my if the power is available in the back!
Appreciate 0