2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes New tire.

11-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
BimmerGuyFL
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 BMW 535i M-sport

New tire.

I had three of my tires replaced when the car was 400 miles old cause they couldn't road force balance them to get a shake out of the car. Today I took the car in cause I could feel a shake coming from the passenger rear side of the car. They said that the it was coming from the tire cause they couldn't road force balance it correctly. One a scale of 0-100, they say a tire has to be a 0-25 to be good anything 26 and above is bad. Mine was 25. They are going to replace it tomorrow.

My question is, could having a bad rim cause they road force balance to be off? I am wondering if they have to replace that tire again, cause it be the rim instead?
2013 F10 BMW 535i Alpine White / Oyster Dakota Leather / Anthracite Wood Trim / Steptronic transmission / M Sport Package / Premium Package / Technology Package / Rear-view camera / Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
BimmerGuyFL
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 BMW 535i M-sport

My dealership was awesome!! They replaced the rear tire again for a second time. Road force balance this time was a 4! Fields BMW service department did an excellent job!! My car is shake and vibration free now. So Happy!! :-)
2013 F10 BMW 535i Alpine White / Oyster Dakota Leather / Anthracite Wood Trim / Steptronic transmission / M Sport Package / Premium Package / Technology Package / Rear-view camera / Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0