2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums ASIA Teaser of what is to come......

07-25-2011, 11:24 AM   #67
mlai
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 650GC/E93M3/Lexus LS600HL

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
Is this a hint that you will be changing car again?
Nah. As I mentioned before, can't handle supercars anymore
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #68
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Only 1.6M for M5? what a bargain .. Mlai already spent that on his 550 if you count v1.0 etc.
Steal it when it arrives and take it for a spin and some pics so we can all 'ooh ahh' it
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #69
mlai
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeladdicts View Post
MORR is spun forged which is a bit more affordable.
Jorge,
I have to say you are not holding up much of your promises at all and I am not quite happy

1) You sent and email to me last night (1:45am) saying Fedex misplace the Electronic Export Information and you have reissued the docs. So when are wheels going to be shipped out? What's the new ETA. I have sent you emails this morning and you have not responded.

2) You repeatedly promised me additional pictures since Friday, and have not delivered. In your last email 1:45am, you mentioned that you are heading back to the office then and will shoot the pics over. Does it take >6hrs to get back to your office?

3) The order has been delays after delays. What makes the matters worse is that you don't inform me of the nature and duration of the delay until we reached target dates. This shows you are NOT MONITORING my order process much.

4) Your explanation that we are all human doesn't quite excuse you (and forged 1), on failure to anticipate the difficulties in the process. In fact, in terms of timeline, none of the target dates you originally quoted me has been met.

5) All these makes me feel that you are not caring much once I placed the order and paid the deposit. This fact was actually re-inforced by your email saying that you guys receive and answer large amounts of emails and asked me just to be understanding. I understand now that my order is just one of out of hundreds for you guys and either you guys don't care, or have insufficient manpower to handle just returning email.

6) I also don't get the feeling that you knows what is going on at every step of the process. Why there is a delay, what the process entails. And Forged1 is also to be flagged at that. Having a work schedule is basic operations research.

7) All of these doesn't quite instill confidence in further order from myself, or recommedation that others deal with you on behalf of me.

And yes, I am purposely posting this on the forum because you have not responded to emails that I sent this morning.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #70
dyip99
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4

support your point mlai,

I think this kind of practice only happen to oversea orders like ours.

Happen to me as well with other vendors. when inquiring via e-mail, it is really swift replying in mins. but once payment is made. they have reasons for not answering you such as " your mail was in the junk/spam folder..etc ".

Have have to make IDD calls to them just to reach them.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #71
KL535
Rep
Drives: f10

you better give them a call~~! I hate to check my in-box every min for the reply! I can feel your pain.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #72
mlai
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
I have to apologies to Jorge as he has a family emergency today. Hope everything is ok with his family.

However, my frustration is not a one time thing and my points are still quite valid.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 08:39 PM   #73
AsiaKid
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GTR/Gallardo Spyder/X5

hrmm..this causes hesitation to order the forged 1 sevens

MLai, your delay frustrates me too
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 09:09 PM   #74
wheeladdicts
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I am typing from my iphone so please bare with me but much of this info is correct but much of it is a lie as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlai View Post
Jorge,
I have to say you are not holding up much of your promises at all and I am not quite happy

1) You sent and email to me last night (1:45am) saying Fedex misplace the Electronic Export Information and you have reissued the docs. So when are wheels going to be shipped out? What's the new ETA. I have sent you emails this morning and you have not responded.

I emailed you up until 1:45am our time. You emailed me a few times this morning and we communicated a few times between 9:52am and 1:44pm. My last emailed to you was explaining that fedex misplaced paperwork and they would be updating by tonight. I am not fedex so I can not control their delays. The wheels were dropped off at fedex on july 21. That is exactly 20 days after you placed your order. I understand they were a bit delayed but delays happen we nor Forged 1 hire machines (heck even machines can be delayed).

2) You repeatedly promised me additional pictures since Friday, and have not delivered. In your last email 1:45am, you mentioned that you are heading back to the office then and will shoot the pics over. Does it take >6hrs to get back to your office?

This I apologize for as I simply forgot to send the photos. I try to send pictures throughout the build process and sometimes it gets overwhelming.

3) The order has been delays after delays. What makes the matters worse is that you don't inform me of the nature and duration of the delay until we reached target dates. This shows you are NOT MONITORING my order process much.

I can not drive to every wheel manufacture on a delay basis and answer emails from 8am-2am everyday. I try my best and I guarantee you that you have NEVER waited more than 24 hours for a reply to any email. from what I can see on my phone we have exchanged 159 emails since July 3 (the SUNDAY you placed your order). That is about 8 emails per day every day of the week. This isn't even counting your PM's. I apologize for the delays but it seems you want me to be your slave throughout the order process and that is just not right.

4) Your explanation that we are all human doesn't quite excuse you (and forged 1), on failure to anticipate the difficulties in the process. In fact, in terms of timeline, none of the target dates you originally quoted me has been met.

You are correct the order was delayed.

5) All these makes me feel that you are not caring much once I placed the order and paid the deposit. This fact was actually re-inforced by your email saying that you guys receive and answer large amounts of emails and asked me just to be understanding. I understand now that my order is just one of out of hundreds for you guys and either you guys don't care, or have insufficient manpower to handle just returning email.

Look above...159 emails + PM's + posts in 20 days. I am pretty sure I gave your order top priority. Yet not once in your extreme worries did you pick up the phone to call me.

6) I also don't get the feeling that you knows what is going on at every step of the process. Why there is a delay, what the process entails. And Forged1 is also to be flagged at that. Having a work schedule is basic operations research.

You are right I am not sitting next to the wheels as they get built and I trust that the manufacture knows what they are doing. Once you receive the wheels you will see they indeed know what they are doing.

7) All of these doesn't quite instill confidence in further order from myself, or recommedation that others deal with you on behalf of me.

Sorry but I and Forged 1 have done everything possible to take care of this order for you.

And yes, I am purposely posting this on the forum because you have not responded to emails that I sent this morning.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #75
LACSTER
Major General
Rep
Drives: Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlai View Post
Jorge,

For some reason i'm not surprised mlai.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 09:24 PM   #76
dyip99
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4

So the wheels are done in 20 days after payment made??

In that case, its much faster than my 3 months wait~
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 09:26 PM   #77
wheeladdicts
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyip99 View Post

In mlai defense his wheels were already built they only needed to be refinished in a custom finish.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #78
mlai
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyip99 View Post

DY, the wheels were already done. 20 days for just refinish.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #79
mlai
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I am typing from my iphone so please bare with me but much of this info is correct but much of it is a lie as well!
Jorge, in that case, don't give out unrealistic target dates. And when the dates are going to slip, you should give warnings way ahead of time instead of just throwing another date when the original tgt dates arrived.

Got into the deal for a large part on the speed of delivery, and I consider that part of the contract. If dates are to be changed, in this case a material consideration prior to me entering the deal, ample notices should be provided.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 10:12 PM   #80
tinybeammer
Private First Class
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F10

Mlai thanks for the info, l was thinking of placing my order this week, now l will have to look for alternatives...
      07-25-2011, 10:21 PM   #81
wheeladdicts
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Aside from all of this if anyone thinks that there won't be delays in going with custom wheels you will be disappointed. Delays occur. Sometimes with the forging company, sometimes with the lip/component manufacture, sometimes with the actual machining, etc.

This isn't an excuse for not giving mlai an exact finish date but delays can occur. In this case the wheels were delayed about 8 days and this caused a lot of turmoil.

Sorry mlai but the wheels should be there very soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 10:29 PM   #82
AsiaKid
Lieutenant
Rep

Jorge, not trying to kick you when you are in this situation. But given that you realize that delays can - and often, it seems, do - occur. Wouldn't it make more sense to just give an estimate that includes a time-provision that factors in these delays? You know Zappos, they have a tendency to under-promise and over-deliver and it works great for their word-of-mouth as people come up more surprised. Of course, i get that you lose some potential customers when you quote a longer time, but you will probably reap much more customers because you are known to deliver on time or ahead of time. Essentially, you are just repackaging the delivery time-frame differently.

btw, MLai, you mentioned OR. And this is incredibly true, one of my classmate's thesis was actually on something just like this (actually was for another auto parts manufacturer) and I can see there definitely being a huge advantage in applying this.
to the wheel manufacturing process as they have a bottleneck at a certain process but they use the same blocks of materials and wait until the order comes in to start from scratch. I wonder if Forged1 would want to pass me a free set if I pass them that report (haha it was worth a lot more than that when the company sponsored it).
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #83
wheeladdicts
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Point taken and I usually try to make it clear that the timing is a rough estimate. In the case of this order I did not forsee any delays and that is why I believed my estimate to be accurate. There was some delays and we missed our target date by just over a week.

Anyone who has ordered wheels before can understand that a week delay is actually pretty darn good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsiaKid View Post
Jorge, not trying to kick you when you are in this situation. But given that you realize that delays can - and often, it seems, do - occur. Wouldn't it make more sense to just give an estimate that includes a time-provision that factors in these delays? You know Zappos, they have a tendency to under-promise and over-deliver and it works great for their word-of-mouth as people come up more surprised. Of course, i get that you lose some potential customers when you quote a longer time, but you will probably reap much more customers because you are known to deliver on time or ahead of time. Essentially, you are just repackaging the delivery time-frame differently.

btw, MLai, you mentioned OR. And this is incredibly true, one of my classmate's thesis was actually on something just like this (actually was for another auto parts manufacturer) and I can see there definitely being a huge advantage in applying this.
to the wheel manufacturing process as they have a bottleneck at a certain process but they use the same blocks of materials and wait until the order comes in to start from scratch. I wonder if Forged1 would want to pass me a free set if I pass them that report (haha it was worth a lot more than that when the company sponsored it).
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 10:51 PM   #84
mlai
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Jorge, not to be drilling to the letter but....

For an order for a set of wheels to be CUSTOM BUILT with an ORIGINAL COMMUNICATED LEADTIME of 2-3 months, of course the delay of 1-2 week is pretty darn good, provided that you don't let the customer know that will be 1-2 weeks lated on the day that the customer expects shipment.

For an order to REFINISH a set of wheels, with an ORIGINAL ESTIMATED READY TO SHIP DATE of 10 days, 1-2 weeks is a very length delay, especially, when you didn't notify the customer beforehand for the delay!

And yes, I have degrees in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Operations Research, and Finance. I do know how I would have managed the process. Get Forged1 to look up what is called Slack Time. And that's not a novelty concept. It has been around for 50 years in terms of manufacturing process management to mitigate unforseen delays.

Last edited by mlai; 07-25-2011 at 10:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 10:56 PM   #85
AsiaKid
Lieutenant
Rep

Jorge
I am trying to get adopted by MLai so I can't be against him. But I can see both sides

Maybe you should give me a huge discount on the 7's and then send them to me super early and with free shipping and I will proclaim to all how awesome Wheeladdicts is.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 10:57 PM   #86
AsiaKid
Lieutenant
Rep

MLai, I totally agree. Please adopt me!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 10:59 PM   #87
mlai
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Aside from all of this if anyone thinks that there won't be delays in going with custom wheels you will be disappointed. Delays occur. Sometimes with the forging company, sometimes with the lip/component manufacture, sometimes with the actual machining, etc.

This isn't an excuse for not giving mlai an exact finish date but delays can occur. In this case the wheels were delayed about 8 days and this caused a lot of turmoil.

Sorry mlai but the wheels should be there very soon.
Jorge, I wouldn't have said what you just typed. Essentially, you are sending us a message telling us to take your target dates with a grain of salt.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 11:00 PM   #88
wheeladdicts
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Marshall I have already apologized about the delay. I am sorry but it could not have been done any quicker. The wheels are on their way to you. I have sent you the pictures you requested.

I do not wish to drag this out as a major issue. All companies have delays and I apologize once again.
Appreciate 0