2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding No GPS signal in iDrive after installing Android HU

01-01-2023, 08:16 AM   #1
igorro
Rep
Drives: F10

No GPS signal in iDrive after installing Android HU

Hi guys.

Seems that my CIC iDrive is not getting any GPS signal after installing an Android HU. This is my second HU that I'm installing. WAfter installing the first one everything was working fine and I even used a splitter to get the signal from the shark antenna into the Android HU.

On the second installation I tried to connect the shark antenna directly to the iDrive and use external antenna for the Android HU.

I think that after the installation it was working for some time since I saw the Speed Limit info on the HUD, but yesterday I noticed that there is no Speed Limit Info and the location on the iDrive GPS was stock.

What have I done so far?

Doing reset by pressing and holding the volume button

Entering the extra menu to check the GPS status and here how it’s look like:

GPS status

GPS version

GPS tracking

As you can see i don’t even get the Receiver SW info.

I’ve tried to connect the external GPS into the iDrive, but it was the same status.

Set the location manually, after that seems that the position in the maps looks accurate for some duration but afterwords its lost again (probably the gyroscope sensor )

Also tried to connect the shark antenna to the Android HU and there was a GPS signal according to the GPS check app.

Any help resolving this issue will be very appreciated.

Last edited by igorro; 01-01-2023 at 05:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 10:52 AM   #2
nokiar
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 525D xdrive 4/2012

Hi, I have the same problem, also my GPS stopped working in the original idrive system after installing Android HU. It happened to me already when installing the carplay retrofit. After disassembly, everything worked normally again. I used an external GPS andoid HU antenna and the idrive remained attached to the shark fin antenna. Does anyone have experience how to fix it? Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 09:44 PM   #3
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

I have same issue with my Android install

Did both of you actually have to move the MOST to the Android HU?