2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Full Exhaust HELP!

07-24-2017, 01:07 PM   #1
MWE92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92

Full Exhaust HELP!

Hi guys,

So I just began the journey of modding my car.. I am interested in purchasing a Meistercraft full exhaust system. Just for background info I have a 2014 535xi Non MSport with about 100k miles on it. When telling my car buddies what that I wanted to purchase the full exhaust system they thought I was crazy because I was going to run into a bunch of problems because my car has so many miles.

So my question is:
1. Is it even worth it to get a full exhaust system?
2. What kind of problems will I run into if I do?
3. I am assuming that with the full exhaust system my car would be able to handle more boost so I was thinking about purchasing a JB4 chip. However due to the amount of miles I have I am afraid that it will push the turbo to its limits and that will end up failing on me as well.

Please input any knowledge that I could use into making my final decision..

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 03:39 PM   #2
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Bro, it's your car! do whatever you want! is it a lease? if that's the case i can see what's the point if you're gonna return it soon. but if you bought it than by all means! really, it all comes down to what are your goals?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 03:42 PM   #3
MWE92
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Bro, it's your car! do whatever you want! is it a lease? if that's the case i can see what's the point if you're gonna return it soon. but if you bought it than by all means! really, it all comes down to what are your goals?
Car is financed so I own it. I don't really care about what they say but I am more worried about causing issues to the car since it has such high mileage. I don't wanna open up a can of worms just by installing a full exhaust system and a JB4
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 04:06 PM   #4
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWE92 View Post
Car is financed so I own it. I don't really care about what they say but I am more worried about causing issues to the car since it has such high mileage. I don't wanna open up a can of worms just by installing a full exhaust system and a JB4
how much mileage are we talking bro? cause really mileage has nothing to do with your exhaust. i have 79k and i just installed my Meisterschaft's over the Weekend

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 04:21 PM   #5
MWE92
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
how much mileage are we talking bro? cause really mileage has nothing to do with your exhaust. i have 79k and i just installed my Meisterschaft's over the Weekend

100K miles
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 04:22 PM   #6
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWE92 View Post
100K miles
do it!
Appreciate 0