2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media My 535i with 312 style rims

10-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #45
ksquare
Captain
Rep
Drives: 535 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
hi ksquare
wow a 5gt member ... how do u like your car?
how much r pyramid or deutschland, compared to bmwhk? i was planning to get my stuff online from germany..
its a very different car from the f10, thats for sure. very spacious and flexible in terms of various options between the boot and the rear seats.

the rear leg room is so spacious, it is close to the standard 7 series.

its a heavy car and not as nimble as the f10. i came from an e90 and looking for something different, so chose the f07 instead of the f10. My wife is happy, so i am happy.

I noticed there are a few gt members from hk as well.

As to which vendor is cheaper, bmwhk normally is the most expensive. how much cheaper for the others, it depends on what parts. so, best will be to give them all a call and compare
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #46
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlai View Post
You are right! They have the m-sport suspension shocks. I wonder if the springs are the same with the standards......

Bilstein B16s are not out for the F10s yet
will bilstein have to be customed for f10? i dont know much about them .. i just saw a cool video of the b16 install it looks really good .. but a bit too pro for me

springs should always be different, like with the 3 series, they have normal, (m) sport, and bmw performance susp./springs .. at 0, 10mm, 25mm drop
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 08:38 AM   #47
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksquare View Post
if you are looking to just drop the car, just change the springs which is quite cheap. a few options here, H&R and Hamann (probably the most aggressive), AC and Eibach (25mm drop whilst still maintaining comfort levels).

For AC, watch out for BMW. they sometimes do have 25% discount on all AC stuff. I got my AC springs from BMW

For Eibach, Pyramid is the authorised dealer.
so far im thinking eibach pro-kit+ koni fsd .. the pro kit is out but not the paired fsds yet ..
r AC good? how is the comfort vs handling
my sales does not know anything ... has not been able to answer 1 question, once he told me to call the sales dept!
the place online i get for is at the german dealer price, minus VAT ..
could u tell me the tel or address of those two shops? i will compare the price.. thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 08:42 AM   #48
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
its a very different car from the f10, thats for sure. very spacious and flexible in terms of various options between the boot and the rear seats.

the rear leg room is so spacious, it is close to the standard 7 series.

its a heavy car and not as nimble as the f10. i came from an e90 and looking for something different, so chose the f07 instead of the f10. My wife is happy, so i am happy.

I noticed there are a few gt members from hk as well.

As to which vendor is cheaper, bmwhk normally is the most expensive. how much cheaper for the others, it depends on what parts. so, best will be to give them all a call and compare

i thought about the f07 too.. it seems a good deal in hk, is the panaroof incl?
with it hard to see any reason to get a 7 series
i saw this this very mean 550gt in hung hum with the 21non-ferric i think 312s? very massive and very heavy rims ...
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #49
ksquare
Captain
Rep

Quote:
so far im thinking eibach pro-kit+ koni fsd .. the pro kit is out but not the paired fsds yet ..
r AC good? how is the comfort vs handling
my sales does not know anything ... has not been able to answer 1 question, once he told me to call the sales dept!
the place online i get for is at the german dealer price, minus VAT ..
could u tell me the tel or address of those two shops? i will compare the price.. thanks!
i am not sure if you should change the shocks. probably best to just leave the standard oem shock and just replace the springs.

i bought the springs but have yet to get it changed. i aim to get it done by bmw and am waiting for my 6 month jail period....if not, i need to cough up another 60% cost. i have done some research am looks like ac offers a good level of comfort with a decent drop. i dont like too aggressive a drop as it will then look like the car is overweight.

you should shoot your sales in the head if he cant even answer such a simple question. nevertheless, the parts dept is very helpful. just call the tokwawan general line and they will hook you up with the parts dept. if the parts dept cant answer you immediately they will call you back. will pm you the tel for pyramid when i am in office tmr. if i remember, the list price for ac is about 3+K. i got it for 2+K with the discount.

eibach costs about 2500 for the pair.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #50
juztinl
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 535i

Quote:
Yes, thats the one.

Pyramid is along gloucester road. pm me if you need the contact. You should check prices from both pyramid and deutscheland before ordering.

I order most of my bmw oem stuff from pyramid as they tend to be a bit cheaper.

Takes about 4-6 weeks delivery.
thanks ksquare. i've sent you a pm.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #51
ksquare
Captain
Rep

Quote:
i thought about the f07 too.. it seems a good deal in hk, is the panaroof incl?
with it hard to see any reason to get a 7 series
i saw this this very mean 550gt in hung hum with the 21non-ferric i think 312s? very massive and very heavy rims ...
21s for the gt are either the 312 (multi spoke) or the 316 (5 spoke i think). Yes they are HUGE! I got 20" breytons and design is close to the 312. got it from WK as well. best price you can get there. i have asked so many other shops but they weren't even near WK's prices. and WK was the first shop i asked....

yes, the price includes the panaroof. same price as f10535 but with so many additional stuff as standard where the f10 is an option. price wise, no brainer. but there are quite a few people who dont like the look.

when i first saw the f07 when launched late last year, i said i will never get this monster car. but then it grew on me as i kept looking at it.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 09:49 AM   #52
BenTrovato
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

nice upgrade on the wheels... cool location for the pics too
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #53
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
i am not sure if you should change the shocks. probably best to just leave the standard oem shock and just replace the springs.

i bought the springs but have yet to get it changed. i aim to get it done by bmw and am waiting for my 6 month jail period....if not, i need to cough up another 60% cost. i have done some research am looks like ac offers a good level of comfort with a decent drop. i dont like too aggressive a drop as it will then look like the car is overweight.

you should shoot your sales in the head if he cant even answer such a simple question. nevertheless, the parts dept is very helpful. just call the tokwawan general line and they will hook you up with the parts dept. if the parts dept cant answer you immediately they will call you back. will pm you the tel for pyramid when i am in office tmr. if i remember, the list price for ac is about 3+K. i got it for 2+K with the discount.

yeah, my sales is not really a sales, hes a 'i dont know' man

i thought about just springs .. but seems like some of the experienced mod-ers on bmw threads keep going back to that its not a good idea .. so eventually i was persuaded too (because the upgrading to stronger shocks damps the harder spring vibrations, the stock shock can still do this, but just not as good, and since your paying labor to dig everything out, though shocks more expensive, it becomes less so)

so far my pick is eibach because its 30mm drop (actually, i believe it may be 35 or more, from pictures) and apparently its super-soft, so much so that ppl complain about bottoming out on other models, (i intend to solve this by using the prokit for 535i, extra 50kgs weight allowance on front, also will reduce front drop by 5mm, on my 528)
koni fsd have lots of good reviews as cost efficient super-comfort for normal lowered street use .. (not really a track spring)
since im lowering for looks mainly, i need to get the most comfort ... i dont want to die with any thing that is even remotely 'stiff' !

will bmw install those springs for u no labor cost?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #54
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
21s for the gt are either the 312 (multi spoke) or the 316 (5 spoke i think). Yes they are HUGE! I got 20" breytons and design is close to the 312. got it from WK as well. best price you can get there. i have asked so many other shops but they weren't even near WK's prices. and WK was the first shop i asked....

yes, the price includes the panaroof. same price as f10535 but with so many additional stuff as standard where the f10 is an option. price wise, no brainer. but there are quite a few people who dont like the look.

when i first saw the f07 when launched late last year, i said i will never get this monster car. but then it grew on me as i kept looking at it.
wow that is a really good deal then! .. that panaroof on an Eclass is 45-50k
i think if i were sitting in the back i would prefer f07 to f10 for sure .. the f10 back is like only enough, no where near f07
i must check out that WK then .. all the other shops r more expensive than buying it myself, so i bought online
did u get the wood-like trim? i saw it in the showroom i really liked it, but non for f10
really no reason to get a 7 .. esp since u can get adaptive drive and IAS on f07 as well right, AND panaroof.. 7 doesnt have
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #55
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
Yes, thats the one.

Pyramid is along gloucester road. pm me if you need the contact. You should check prices from both pyramid and deutscheland before ordering.

I order most of my bmw oem stuff from pyramid as they tend to be a bit cheaper.

Takes about 4-6 weeks delivery.
Hi ksquare, please also PM me on pyramid's info. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 10:07 AM   #56
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:

ksquare, just wanna know the disadvantage for changing the springs at outside and not by bmw. Also around how much does bmw charge you for the springs installation. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #57
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:

How much do they charge you for the breytons and which model? I am seriously hunting for wheels and tires these days and found WK's price is not the cheapest. For example, they charge pirelli pzero hero 20" staggered tires for $18k for four. I got quote of $15k+ at Ching Fung Advxnshxp. For breyton, last time I was quoted by Shxng Txk at $4.7k per wheel, 20", 9J and 10J GTS model
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 10:24 AM   #58
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:

i thought about just springs .. but seems like some of the experienced mod-ers on bmw threads keep going back to that its not a good idea .. so eventually i was persuaded too (because the upgrading to stronger shocks damps the harder spring vibrations, the stock shock can still do this, but just not as good, and since your paying labor to dig everything out, though shocks more expensive, it becomes less so)

so far my pick is eibach because its 30mm drop (actually, i believe it may be 35 or more, from pictures) and apparently its super-soft, so much so that ppl complain about bottoming out on other models, (i intend to solve this by using the prokit for 535i, extra 50kgs weight allowance on front, also will reduce front drop by 5mm, on my 528)
koni fsd have lots of good reviews as cost efficient super-comfort for normal lowered street use .. (not really a track spring)
since im lowering for looks mainly, i need to get the most comfort ... i dont want to die with any thing that is even remotely 'stiff' !

agreed, my dealer is also next to useless. he gave me all the wrong information about options and told me nothing about my car's delivery date, i only know the date form another member here who purchased his car at the same day.

I really look forward to your info. for dropping which I serious will consider when I get my car. one question I wanna know if I am not too naive. would changing the shocks void the warranty for the suspension during the warranty period?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #59
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
agreed, my dealer is also next to useless. he gave me all the wrong information about options and told me nothing about my car's delivery date, i only know the date form another member here who purchased his car at the same day.

I really look forward to your info. for dropping which I serious will consider when I get my car. one question I wanna know if I am not too naive. would changing the shocks void the warranty for the suspension during the warranty period?
well if u change the part, how can it be warrantied? unless u put it back on and dont tell them
normally if u change anything, so long as it 'logically' does not affect another part, if the something else fails, they have no reason to deny warranty .. (unless u look stupid, or they want to bully you )
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #60
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
well if u change the part, how can it be warrantied? unless u put it back on and dont tell them
normally if u change anything, so long as it 'logically' does not affect another part, if the something else fails, they have no reason to deny warranty .. (unless u look stupid, or they want to bully you )
I see.

I think I put the question wrong. what I wanna know is if I changed the springs only and the shocks failed by default, would the shocks be warranted?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 10:53 AM   #61
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

nope .. the springs truly caused the shock to fail
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #62
juztinl
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenTrovato View Post
nice upgrade on the wheels... cool location for the pics too
thanks for the compliment. you have a nice looking car as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 05:48 PM   #63
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep
Drives: ACR

312's look awesome
      10-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #64
ksquare
Captain
Rep

Quote:

i am getting bmw to install them bcos they will then continue to provide support in case anything goes wrong with the suspension at a later date. they have said they will not cover the warranty on this if it is purchased and installed by external vendors. They do charge labour and is quite expensive compared to doing it outside, but at least i have the comfort my warranty on suspension is still good. in absolute amount its not much though.

yes, i have heard of koni fsd (there's this authorised dealer in MK) and heard exactly what you said. As i understand, the AC springs are tailored for the stock shocks (so, shouldn't be much of a problem. Added to the fact that bmw is willing to carry this product and install it, that gives me sufficient comfort). Do go for what you think is best for your car as we all have different personal preferences.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 09:51 PM   #65
ksquare
Captain
Rep

Quote:
wow that is a really good deal then! .. that panaroof on an Eclass is 45-50k
i think if i were sitting in the back i would prefer f07 to f10 for sure .. the f10 back is like only enough, no where near f07
i must check out that WK then .. all the other shops r more expensive than buying it myself, so i bought online
did u get the wood-like trim? i saw it in the showroom i really liked it, but non for f10
really no reason to get a 7 .. esp since u can get adaptive drive and IAS on f07 as well right, AND panaroof.. 7 doesnt have
Do you mean the non lacquered wood trim? No, i didnt get it. i got the lacquered anthracite wood trim as i felt it matches my combo better.

wife and kid normally sit at the back. wife holding the family's purse. so wife happy with the rear legroom and i got the car.....
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #66
ksquare
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
ksquare, just wanna know the disadvantage for changing the springs at outside and not by bmw. Also around how much does bmw charge you for the springs installation. Thanks.
you can refer to my earlier post on this. cost is standard at 4+K (almost double the cost of the spring!)
Appreciate 0