2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum BMW 528i N20 - warm-ish start issue

12-26-2023, 06:04 PM   #23
Ondras
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i xdrive 2013

Yes, it's fixed now. 20 days no issues, cannot reproduce the problem. I am so happy.
The old pump was working but not to its full function. I guess
I doubted it would be the root cause but had no other clues at this point so spent the $400 to get a new one and replaced it and ow it fixed the issue.
Appreciate 1
      12-26-2023, 06:08 PM   #24
Ondras
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i xdrive 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiltiCoatl89 View Post
BMWs can be confusing to diagnose sometimes, especially for people who buy into the brand, not knowing what they are getting into, this is not the case however, you did a great job and I did my best to give you the info in which I found as well, BMWs do love their nominal voltages on all their sensors and plugs and connections, I am not saying or implying that it was electrical related, it could be (mechanically) (or both), due to age, climate conditions, etc, When something goes out of whack, even for something small, (like Voltage readings) everything is intertwined to safeguard its proper functions, to prevent further damage. Since you owned the car, you've never had this issue prior correct until recently correct? Where do you store your car normally? I Definately respect your proactiveness in figuring it out especially on your own, props to you!
Thank you, man
I park it in my garage, which is warmish and dry. first time this issue happened was Feb this year. It's been a roller coaster the last few months.
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2023, 02:19 AM   #25
ChiltiCoatl89
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 BMW 535i M Sport

Garage List
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ondras View Post
Thank you, man
I park it in my garage, which is warmish and dry. first time this issue happened was Feb this year. It's been a roller coaster the last few months.
Enjoy your Fully operational car! and we are always here to help! I truly enjoy to help others with whatever Knowledge I know, and can relate to previous experiences, and pass it on, because these BMWs are amazing machines! How's your Winter? over here its been the driest as in No snow since I've lived here in the Great Basin.

Last edited by ChiltiCoatl89; 12-30-2023 at 02:25 AM..
Appreciate 0